Chapter 7

Sans tried to comfort his heartbroken brother. "don't worry bro, you're the strongest and toughest monster i know." Papyrus tried to smile. "THANK YOU SANS. DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME. I'M FINE." Papyrus was trying to hide the fact that he felt like a complete failure. He felt like he had let down Sans, and himself. Sans smiled. "hey, maybe you can do something else good with your life. have you ever tried cooking?" Papyrus's eyes lit up. "NO, BUT IT SOUNDS FUN!"

Sans bought some store bought noodles. Papyrus read some instructions and started cooking. When he was finished, he served Sans a plate. Sans ate some and he felt shocked. It tasted really good! "wow paps, this tastes incredible!" "REALLY? WOWIE! I MADE A FEW MINOR CHANGES TO THE RECIPE! I'M GLAD YOU LIKED THEM!" Papyrus was beaming. Sans was happy that his brother found something fun to do.

Papyrus continued to learn how to cook. Turns out he really enjoyed it. Sometimes other monsters made fun of him for doing something so "unimportant," but Sans always made sure that they didn't get to Papyrus. As far as he was concerned, Papyrus was the most important monster in the whole underground.

Even though he had been rejected, Papyrus still desperately wanted to be in the guard. He was reading his puzzle book, when one day he got an idea. "SANS! YOU'RE A SENTRY, RIGHT?" Papyrus called out. "yup." Sans didn't really like talking about his job. "I HAVE AN IDEA WHICH IS SURE TO GET ME INTO THE ROYAL GUARD! WHAT IF I WERE TO SET UP A SERIES OF PUZZLES? THEN I COULD CAPTURE A HUMAN, AND CAPTAIN UNDYNE WOULD HAVE TO LET ME IN!" Sans looked over to his bro. He knew that Papyrus still probably wouldn't be let in, but he also knew that Papyrus loved puzzles, and building some could be a good use of their time. "you know what, bro. that sounds like a great idea."

Papyrus followed Sans around, and the two set up Puzzles together. "NOW, SANS! IF A HUMAN DOES COME, THESE PUZZLES WILL BE SURE TO STOP THEM! THEN YOU COULD LET ME KNOW, AND I COULD DELIVER THE HUMAN TO CAPTAIN UNDYNE! NYEH HEH HEH!" Sans smiled. "sounds great, bro!"

Occasionally, Papyrus would tag along with Sans as he went off to work, but he usually would spend the whole time telling Sans to stop falling asleep. "SANS, IS THIS WHAT YOU DO AT WORK ALL THE TIME?" Papyrus asked. Sans winked and leaned back. "what can i say. i'm just so bone-tired." Papyrus gagged. "OH. MY. GOD. SANS, WHAT A HORRIBLE PUN."