Chapter 15

Papyrus felt like he was being followed, but ever since the word got out he always had that feeling. He returned his book, avoiding everyone's eyes. He didn't want to look at or interact with anyone. 

He exited the Library, to see a group of monsters waiting for him. He looked at them. Papyrus was exceptionally tall, being 15 now. He was probably taller than most of them, but he was still rather scrawny. He looked away. "I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS RIGHT NOW. PLEASE LEAVE ME BE." The monsters laughed. "Come on, Papyrus. We want to see your little magic show." Papyrus looked down. "NO YOU DON'T. JUST LEAVE ME BE." They sighed. "Come on, it'll be fun." Papyrus shook his head. "NO. I'M NOT GOING TO USE MY MAGIC. I WONT. NOW GO AWAY." The monsters looked at each other. 

"We thought you might say that. Classic Papyrus, always to afraid to stand up for yourself, but will you stand up for your 1 hp brother?" Suddenly, the monsters pushed Sans forward and yanked the bag off his head. Papyrus looked into his brother's eyes. "SANS?" He asked. The monsters pushed Sans back behind them again. One pulled out a knife. "1 hp isn't much. If you don't want us to dust him, you'll come to the woods at midnight, so we can see your little show. And don't bring anyone." 

The monsters then walked away, Sans with them. "SANS! WAIT, NO!" Papyrus called out. There he stood, all alone, his scarf flowing in the wind.

Sans tried to think of a solution. He could teleport away, but then Papyrus would arrive and have no backup. He could just break out and try to kill all these people, but there were to many, and Sans would be easily overpowered.

Midnight came. Papyrus left his house, and made his way towards the woods. He kept talking to himself. "I JUST NEED TO GET SANS BACK WITHOUT HURTING ANYONE. I GOT THIS, I GOT THIS." Papyrus arrived to see the monsters all gathered around, one holding a knife to Sans's neck. "ALRIGHT, I CAME. NOW PLEASE LET SANS GO." Papyrus said. The monsters laughed. "Not yet, we want to see you fight for him." Papyrus's eyes went wide. "NO, PLEASE. I DON'T WANT TO HURT ANY OF YOU." The monsters laughed. "In this world, it's kill or be killed. You either fight, or your weak brother dies." Sans stood there, the monster holding him bringing the knife even closer to Sans.

Papyrus stepped forward and held his arm out. "NO, PLEASE STOP." He said. The monsters laughed. He could see the fear in Sans's eyes. The knife was brought even closer, hovering just millimeters above Sans's neck. Papyrus felt fear, anger, emotion. Suddenly, he summoned a bone, which flew across the land and into the person who was holding Sans's shoulder. They grunted in pain and dropped Sans. Sans fell to the ground and skidded away. Papyrus had a look of shock on his face. He didn't mean to do that. He looked at his outreached hand with a look of concern, which then shifted to anger. 

"YOU WERE REALLY GOING TO KILL HIM, WEREN'T YOU." Papyrus asked. The monsters looked over at him, smiles on their faces. Papyrus took a fighting stance. For the first time, he looked strong and powerful. "I ALWAYS THOUGHT THERE COULD BE GOOD IN EVERYONE. IF EVERYONE JUST TRIED, THEY COULD BE NICE, BUT YOU'RE RIGHT. IN THIS WORLD IT REALLY IS KILL OR BE KILLED."

Papyrus turned their souls blue, making the monsters start to sink to the ground. He tapped into his rage. Suddenly, he sent a line of bone patters as each monster. Sans sat by and watched, shock covering his face. "I THOUGHT EVERYONE DESERVED A SECOND CHANCE." Papyrus spat out through tears. "BUT MONSTERS LIKE YOU, DESERVE TO BURN." Papyrus sent in a line of sharp bones, dusting half the monsters there. He was about to summon a blaster, but stopped himself. Something inside him told him not to use that attack. 

Papyrus had gotten most of the monsters around him, when one started sneaking up behind him. Sans saw this and ran to his aid. "papyrus, watch out!" Sans suddenly summoned his own blaster, and shot it right at the monster heading for Papyrus. 

Papyrus turned around to look at his brother. Now the two were alone, surrounded by dust and broken trees.