Chapter 13

The other monsters stepped back. "Oh my god, it was him." One said. Papyrus quickly got up, hands shaking. "I-I'M SORRY. PLEASE LEAVE. I DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU." The other monsters looked at each other. "He was the one who did all that damage by Grillby's" Another said. Papyrus stepped back, and made a run for it. The monsters just stood there, watching him go. "I can't believe it." They said.

Papyrus ran to town, and ran straight home. He got inside his room and locked the door. He picked up his pillow and screamed into it. "NO NO NO, I COULD HAVE HURT THEM. I COULD HAVE- AND NOW EVERYONE'S GOING TO KNOW IT WAS ME AND- UGH, WHAT DO I DO?" He lied down, quietly sobbing.

Word in the Underground traveled fast. Now, whenever Papyrus walked outside, people would give him weird glances. They'd point and whisper. He never felt so exposed. Sans eventually heard the news about his little brother. He overheard some coworkers talking. "Hey, did you hear about Sans's brother? Little Papyrus was the one who did all that damage years ago! Can you believe it?" 

Sans immediately got up upon hearing that. He had to find Papyrus. Without his coworkers noticing, he used a shortcut to get home. Once he was inside, he called out. "paps? bro, are you here?"

Sans heard Papyrus quietly mumble, "YEAH, I'M IN MY ROOM." Sans ran up, to see his little bro lying on his bed like a blob. "paps, what happened?" Papyrus sat up. "I DON'T KNOW! THE PEOPLE HERE KEPT PUSHING ME. THEY KEPT FOLLOWING ME, TRYING TO MAKE ME FIGHT. THEY FORCED IT OUT OF ME, AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS. OH GOD, SANS. EVERYONE KNOWS." Sans shushed and hugged his brother. "it's okay paps. it feels horrible now, but eventually things will get better."

Papyrus didn't hug Sans back, to his surprise. He just sat there, empty.