Chapter 11

Papyrus didn't get as much aleep after what happened. He started preferring to just stay awake. He read up on lots of books teaching how to control magic. Sans's expression whenever he looked at his younger brother which was once happiness and hope was replaced with worry and sorrow. 

Whenever Papyrus went outside, he felt like a deer in the headlights. He knew that no one knew what he did, but he still felt like everyone was watching him, judging him. He could hear whispers. "Hey, did you see what happened outside of Grillby's? I wonder who did that?" "Yeah, whoever did that is probably real dangerous."

People still treated Papyrus the same. They didn't know what he could do, so to them, he was still the weak skeleton who was an easy target. Whenever anyone looked for trouble, Papyrus just ignored them and got away as fast as possible. 

Years past, Papyrus grew to be even edgier. He wasn't quite mean like everyone else. He was more quiet. He was afraid of himself. "I NEVER WANTED TO HURT ANYONE." He would always say. Sans could tell his brother was changing. He was still really good at seeing someone for who they were, and whenever he looked at Papyrus, he could see a kind soul being slowly broken. It broke his heart to see Papyrus like this, but he didn't know what to do.

The only things which really seemed to make Papyrus happy anymore were recalibrating the puzzles, cooking, and being with Sans. 

One night, Papyrus finally fell asleep. He felt like he was in a weird place, like a void. He saw a being. A tall, slender man with holes in his hands. The man just stood there. Suddenly, a line of Gaster Blasters appeared, and fired at the man. "NO, WAIT!" Papyrus called out. The firing stopped, but the man was gone. No dust or anything. Suddenly, a large group of monsters appeared behind him. "Murderer! Dangerous!" They all shouted at him. He crouched down. "NO, NO I DIDN'T MEAN TO. PLEASE GET BACK. I DON'T WANT TO HURT ANYONE." Suddenly, the blaster went off. Papyrus closed his eyes, and opened the to see dust in the air. "NO, NO NO NO."

"NO!" Papyrus jerked up out of his bed. "IT'S OKAY, IT'S OKAY. JUST A DREAM." He told himself. Papyrus sat up. He hadn't fired a blaster since that one incident, and he never wanted to again. Papyrus always tried to stay up. He never wanted to sleep because dreams just like that one would haunt him.