My Story

The forceful gale that tears the trees, that is a fairy's rage. The whistling wind that brings the rain, that is a fairy's tears. The joyful draught, dancing through the leaves, that is a fairy's laughter. The gentle breeze that guides the heart, that is the fairy song.

Trigger Warning: mentions of suicide, blood and death in this chapter.

~~•~~

"Hey, hey it's okay." We parted and I turned back to making the soba. I think now I understood why Shoto always had it cold. He was probably oikophobic, after the whole ordeal with his mum.

"Okay. You're turn." His voice gave off the smallest tremor, and I knew he needed a distraction. I sighed, almost sadly. 

"You know the basics of what happened, right?" 

"Yeah."

"You know how my village was destroyed?"

"Yup."

"You know how they found us?" He paused, but I already knew the answer. The only other live person who knew had been sworn to secrecy, and I didn't know why I was telling this boy I had only just met. But the burden of it was heavy, and I found myself buried under it every day.

"No." I blinked my eyes, willing the tears not to spill.

"I've only ever told one person this. Please don't tell anyone else." I begged him, mustering the courage to say those four words.

"I promise." His hand covered my shaking one, and I put down whatever I was using to make the soba.

"It was my fault." The tears once again spilt freely, and I forced the image of my brother's body from my head. 

"A fairy's song attracts everyone around. It's mystical, and we can give the words we sing power. The fairy royalty, they told everyone not to sing near the edge of our protective barrier, that people would come and destroy our village. I didn't listen. One day, I had an argument with my older brother, and stormed off. I had a song stuck in my head, and didn't think much of it when I started singing. I didn't realise I was at the border, and the song..." My legs gave, and I fell to the floor, my head buried in my hands, tears dripping through my fingers.

Shoto didn't say anything; he just slid to the floor beside me and pulled my trembling figure into his lap. I curled into his chest, still shaking. It was his turn to stroke his fingers through my hair, holding me tightly, as if he were protecting me from my past.

Finally, I managed to talk again.

"I-I was six when they came. I still remember the soft hand that slipped through mine, the h/c lock that whipped around the door, the silence after the agonised screams. The pleading look in their eyes, the tortured wails as they went through unimaginable pain, the dullness that left their eyes as they longed for the release of death." I hiccupped, my tear glands drying up, staring into space, seeing nothing except for my ruined hometown.

"That song drew them towards our home, and they found us. Once I realized what had happened, it was too late. They called themselves the League of Villains, just like the people who attacked at the USJ. They were mostly thugs, but they ripped the wings from their backs, and you know what I did? I followed them, and hid. Like a fucking coward." I dug my nails into my arm, little rivulets of blood seeping out of the crescent cuts. 

Shoto's hand felt miles away, my head lost in the destruction of my childhood, the remnants of my parents' memory.

"All Might and the pros found us a few hours later. He found me, in the corner of our home buried under a wall. By then, I'd already tried..." I gasped in a breath, my lungs constricting.

"Everyone was dead. I'd caused the end of the fairy race. I was the only one left, and there wouldn't be any good in me living. I had tried to sacrifice my life in return for my brother's but it didn't work. I survived, but..." I stopped again, my eyesight finally focussing to the present, Shoto's worried expression sharpening. 

"Can I tell you something I've never told anyone?" I asked him shakily. Just telling him that had loosened the constant knot in my chest, and maybe, just maybe I could untie it with his help. He nodded.

"My- my parents. They were the people in charge of the fairies. My brother, King, was next in line for the throne. And I was the first-born daughter of the family, my little sister Elaine being my responsibility. So basically, as cheesy as it sounds, I'm technically a fairy princess. Queen, if you can still count me as a part of the fairies after causing their destruction." I laughed bitterly.

"That's why I took the hero name Titania. It's a constant reminder of what I did, and what I'm supposed to be. In a way, it's a punishment I took upon myself. I can never save someone without remembering who I couldn't. But, it inspires me to look forward, to try and be someone my family could be proud of." I looked down at my hands, realizing I was still in Shoto's lap.

"It sounds ridiculous, when I say it." I laughed, wiping the tears away with the back of my hand.

"No, no, it's amazing." I looked up at him, slightly confused. "You're such a strong person, Y/n. I promise, I'll do everything I can to help you, whenever and whatever you need." I rested my head back against his chest.

"And I you." Once again, we sat there in silence, before I got up and grabbed two bowls.

"So that's my story. Ready for some soba?"

Hehehe, Thought I'd double update (even though it's likely no-one's actually reading these lol) If you are, thank you so much💜Love you guys