01. ENJOY THIS WHILE IT LASTS

(   01 — ENJOY THIS WHILE IT LASTS

(   01 — ENJOY THIS WHILE IT LASTS. )

THERE WERE many things Carina hated — on the top that list were the self-proclaimed Marauders. They had made it their life's mission to make the prefect's life hell. She despised their pranks — she despised everything about them.

Fuming, Carina stormed through the halls to the Great Hall, a cloud of rain above her head. Another great prank no doubt pulled by the Marauders. The first week of Sixth Year was off to a brilliant start. Yesterday, the Slytherin had woken up with enchanted snakes in the common room. It seemed ironic that the girl in the house with a snake as their sigil was terrified of snakes, but it had been her worst fear since childhood — no doubt used against her by Sirius Black. Students watched as the soaking wet prefect made her way from the dungeons to the Great Hall. The cold had only brought more fury to the girl, her anger was boiling over.

"Woah, looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Perseus teased, stopping his sister in front of the hall.

She sent him a pointed look, "Don't start with me Percy. I am not in the mood — now get out of my way. When I get my hands on those slimy Marauders. I am going to —" Carina fumed trying to walk away but Perseus caught her by the waist keeping her from committing any crimes. Students passing by had given the siblings unusual looks and ones of amusement while heading into the hall.

"Yes. . . I know, you're going to kill them — I think you need to find something more original love." Perseus jokingly retorted, cutting the girl off. Carina stopped trying to get past her brother and his grip loosen as he assumed the girl had calmed.

"And you should learn how to mind your own business." she countered. "So, what if a Marauder or two goes missing — it isn't as if they'll be missed." she started to walk away, the Marauders got to live another day but only because she wouldn't bother getting her hands dirty with their tainted blood.

Walking into the Great Hall she felt the eyes land on her, people snickered and whispered amongst themselves as Carina puffed her chest slightly and moved towards the Marauders. "Don't think this is over." she seethed to the four boys who were stifling their laughter as the Slytherin approached them. "And if I kill one of you — don't say it wasn't unwarranted." she harshly spoke, a quick shake of her arm she splashed the water on them and anyone who had been stupid enough to sit next to the four boys. Carina made her way to the Slytherin table, sitting down next to Regulus.