04. NOT WHAT IT SEEMS

(   04 — NOT WHAT IT SEEMS

( 04 — NOT WHAT IT SEEMS. )

HOGSMEADE WEEKEND, the most fun students had in their time at Hogwarts. It was the only time when you get out and have no worries about school, all that mattered were them and their friends. Carina was usually curled up in her dorm, keeping to herself, enjoying the mostly empty castle. However, this weekend she was out, not willingly but out. Perseus had dragged the Slytherin girl out of the castle.

"Percy, why did you drag me out of the warmth of the castle?" she whined as Perseus dragged Carina by the wrist. "I liked it more inside." she complained.

"Quit your whining, Rin. We are going to have some quality family bonding." Perseus explained as they made their way through the snowy village, snow blanketed every nook and cranny even if it was the middle of November.

"And who's we?" Carina cautiously asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Me, you. . . Sirius, and Regulus." he quickly listed causing Carina to halt.

"Oh no no no . . . whatever you're planning I want no part of it. Percy don't get in the middle of their. . . thing. They need to work it out themselves, it's none of our business." Carina scolded trying to free herself from Perseus' grip.

"Too late." he sheepishly smiled at his twin sister. Carina sent him a bewildered look, "It was the only way to get Regulus to come!" he defended trying to pull Carina with him once again. "They're family, Rin. We help family."

Carina let out a frustrated sigh, "No, Sirius was disowned — he's no longer family." she harshly expressed.

"He is still our cousin; blood is thicker than water." he was annoyed at his sister's unwillingness to cooperate.

"No, he's just another blood traitor!" she exclaimed pulling her arm away from Perseus. "He was family, but he made his choices." she disappointedly turned away from him and was about to walk away but she realized she didn't know where she was going.