02. DON'T PUSH IT

(   02 — DON'T PUSH IT

( 02 — DON'T PUSH IT.  )

     A WEEK'S worth of detention, never had Carina ever gotten in trouble but here she sat, by herself on the opposite end of the transfiguration room from the Marauders. While they were goofing around Carina sat alone with her notes spread out in front of her. With two prefects in the room McGonagall felt they would behave themselves and had gone off to patrol the castle. Carina minded her own business as she skimmed through her notes bored out of her mind — she had read over the notes multiple times and had it all memorized. She scribbled on an empty piece of parchment; she was tired — there was nothing more that she wanted than to lay on her bed, but she couldn't because she had to be here instead. She turned her head to face the other way watching the Marauders goof off, sometimes Carina felt envious of them. They were so free, and Carina wished she could be like that, but she couldn't afford the mistakes. She picked her head off the table and got up to leave the room — it might have not been the best idea, but she needed fresh air. The four boys watched the Slytherin prefect leave the room they weren't supposed to leave until McGonagall dismissed them. They all shared a look before Sirius got up to follow his cousin out.

Strolling through the halls of the castle, Carina heard footsteps following her. She quietly pulled out her wand quickly turning around and pointing it at whoever was following her. The tip of her wand perfectly matched up with Sirius throat, Sirius threw his hands up in mock surrender. "Merlin! . . . Put the wand down, Rin." he pushed the wand down, away from his throat.

"Sirius." she blankly blinked speaking in a bored tone. "Why are you following me?" Turning back around, she continued on.

Sirius went to walk next to the girl, "Making sure you don't get into any more trouble. How would Arabella Black take the news that her perfect daughter got in trouble." he teased jokingly threatening his cousin.

"Do as you please." she tried shooing him away, but the boy continued following her.

"That's it? . . ." he raised an eyebrow confused why she wasn't bantering with him. "No witty remark? Nothing? . . .really. . ." he hummed trailing off and eyeing the girl.