22. MORE PRESSING MATTERS

(  22 — MORE PRESSING MATTERS

( 22 — MORE PRESSING MATTERS. )

FOR WHAT seemed the millionth time recently, Carina found herself stuck. She didn't know what to do, trying to figure out the mysterious disappearance of Perseus Black. For all she knew he could be in danger and she was unable to do anything to help. Suddenly she felt helpless. It all hit her at once, Perseus was missing. Unknowingly she started pacing, her breath sped up as her mind ran a million miles per hour.

Her thoughts cut short at the sound of footsteps drawing closer to her. Her pacing, breathing stopped. Not knowing who it was behind, Carina became alert — show no fear. "Rina?" Perseus' voice sounded behind her causing her to whip around.

"Percy!" She leapt forward, grabbing Perseus and tightly hugging him.

"Can't breath, Rin." He gasped out.

Carina let go, "Sorry," she mumbled, stepping back. Taking a seat on the sofa, she pulled her knees to her chest, "What happened? Where have you been for the past two days?"

"I met him, the Dark Lord." Perseus told her in an ominous tone.

"For an entire day?"

"It's all a blank. All I remember was meeting him. Something's wrong. I can't remember, Rina. There's a blank where my memories should be."

"Well, what do you remember?"

"Meeting him. . . and then here."

Carina started pacing again, racking her brain for all possibilities of what could've happened. Every thought led back to one thing, Corvus Black. He was with Perseus last, it had to be him. Carina felt her anger boil over in the matter of seconds — they had a deal. "We have to go," she sternly stated grabbing Perseus' wrist and dragging him to the apparition ward and out of the godforsaken manor to the only place she knew — Potter Manor.