09. MISTAKES ARE MEANT TO BE MADE

(  09 — MISTAKES ARE MEANT TO BE MADE

( 09 — MISTAKES ARE MEANT TO BE MADE. )

     BREAK WAS quickly coming to an end, with only a few days left before they all headed back for the new term. Days passed since Carina had left her room, her bed became all she knew. Her thoughts consuming her on the daily. Perseus pacing at the end of Carina's bed trying to come up with ways to get her off her mattress. Leaving to get some back up, he left the Slytherin to herself again. Turning in her bed, the girl spotted the empty room and sat up, pulling the blanket with her. Watching out the window, snow fell, harshly landing on the windowsill. The strong winds heard through the closed windows as the blizzard raged outside.

Carina found herself leaving her room for the first time in days. Walking through the hauntingly empty halls of Black Manor. Only to find herself standing outside in the brisk winter air without a cloak. The cold welcomed her as an old friend. It was deeply hated by the Slytherin, but it was always there to help her feel anything that wasn't the constant emptiness. Finding a spot on the snow, Carina laid in the freezing snow; only time she would enjoy the numbing cold. After a while the feeling in her limbs began to feel raw from the bitter coldness. The once lively trees, dead with the weight of the snow weighing the branches down. Being buried in the snow, Carina heard the crunch of the fallen snow approaching her spot. Carina didn't move, keeping her eyes shut, assuming it was Perseus coming to comfort the girl. "What's got you so gloom?" a familiar voice that wasn't her brothers spoke causing Carina to open her eyes. "Come on, not even one witty come back?" he chuckled, taking a seat next to Carina. "That's not the Carina Black I know." he stated in a joking manner.

"Why are you here?" Carina croaked, her voice rough and not use to speaking often, her eyebrows knitted together.

"I was asked to come as reinforcement. Too bad Pads couldn't come, too busy hiding from your fervent family and all. Besides, who would say no to this gorgeous face." a smirk made its way onto his face.

Carina shut her eyes once again, "Shut up, Potter." she quietly warned, scoffing. "Why are you in my house." she monotonously asked again. Her body imprinted on the snow, her body warmth gone and flakes no longer melting around her.