17. YOU WILL RUE THIS DAY!

(  16 — YOU WILL RUE THIS DAY!  )

( 16 — YOU WILL RUE THIS DAY! )

     APRIL FOOLS, a truly hateful day. A day for practical jokes, in the eyes of the Marauders, it was their day. In her common room sat a little box. Examining the box, Carina determined that it was the same box Sirius and James were working on a few months ago. Carina rolled her eyes, taking a huge step back before she fell victim to yet another prank.

None seemed brave enough to open the box of unknown origins, whilst they argued over who would open it — a first year had beat them to it, unknowing of what has become yearly traditions. The box exploded upon contact, spewing red powder all across the common room. Everyone knew exactly who was behind the prank. As soon as the power made contact with free skin, the room was filled with the grunts of Slytherin's trying to satisfy their itches. The powder made contact with her hand causing it to become insanely irritated. Rapid scratching ensued in the common room; Carina scratched at her hand trying to soothe the itchiness. For once she wasn't directly at the receiving end of the pranks, yet she remained a casualty.

Walking through the halls, Carina found the Marauders laughing at their own prank as always in a random corner. "I would really appreciate it, if you fools left me out of your pranks."

"Carina! Oh, you must be itching for that cure, huh." James enquired, amused.

"Yes, your prank was brilliantly amusing, James. Just give me the cure and I'll be out of your hair." Giving her what she needed, Carina let out a sigh of relief as the itching stopped. "A word, Sirius," she motioned with her head in a general direction.

"The prank wasn't meant for you," Sirius clarified.

"Don't worry, I won't say anything, I just thought there was a long-awaited conversation with our names on it."

Sirius smiled, "And here I thought — your father's daughter."

Carina's face dropped, "I would choose your next words very wisely, Sirius." Warning him in a low voice.