06. NONE OF IT MATTERS

(  06 — NONE OF IT MATTERS

(  06 — NONE OF IT MATTERS.  )

     EVERY YEAR students were met with their parents at the station, excited for the holidays. Carina and Perseus were stood in the crowd just them two — no parents. Corvus and Arabella didn't believe in holding their children's hand through life, needing to figure everything out themselves or they would simply never grow.

The twins made it home for Christmas and as expected their parents were nowhere to be found. Somewhere in the big home occupied the parents, the twins were greeted by their house elves — Kopley. "Welcome home, young Master and Mistress." he welcomed, opening the large doors. Welcomed by the large empty parlor with the chandelier hanging over the beginnings of the carpeted wooden staircase. Archways to the sides of the main staircase splitting off to the left and right hallways upstairs.

"Where are Mother and Father?" Carina enquired.

"Master is at the ministry — and Mistress is in the dining hall." he directed the twins to their mother bringing their suitcases to their separate rooms.

"You talk to her." Carina whispered pushing Perseus in front of her, he pushed back refusing to go in the hall first.  They stood outside the doors of the dining hall arguing as to who would go in first and face their mother.

"No, you talk to her." he whispered back harshly. "Why do I have to talk to her?" he snipped.

"Because you're her favorite twin." she quickly excused.

"Oh, as if — if anything it's you, so you go in." he countered scoffing at her ridiculous excuse.

"If I go in it's going to be all 'darling, have you made friends like we asked — I hope you're not associating yourself with those filthy people'. . . I don't want to hear it from her." she whispered in frustration mocking her mother's tone. "Or worse. . . she found out about my detention and has been waiting for this moment — I'm dead." she dramatically whispered.