21. ( NOT ) SO BLISSFUL EVENT

(  21 — ( NOT ) SO BLISSFUL EVENT

( 21 — ( NOT ) SO BLISSFUL EVENT. )

WEDDINGS WERE always a bore. Carina stood by the alter in the tacky dress Druella Black had picked out months ago. It was a weird fit as the girl had been in school during the fittings but she made it work. All the guests had sat in anticipation for the arrival of the bride. Narcissa appeared and made her way down the aisle, Lucius stood at the alter. The ceremony continued in all it's wizarding glory, making their eternal vows and exchanging the rings they had picked for each other.

The one aspect of the wedding that Carina did love were the rings, they were the only things they were allowed to pick out themselves. Everything else was constructed by their parents. The ceremony ended and they held a party after, Carina looked around for anyone she could tolerate. Spotting the newly married couple she made her way over, "Cissy!" She happily greeted, looking to Lucius her smile dropped, "Lucius." She monotonously greeted. "Congratulations again on your marriage." She congratulated quickly hugging her cousin, "One toe out of line, Lucius and I'll hex you into oblivion." She warned, Narcissa lightly pulled her cousin away.

"All right, Rina. Thank you. I'll see you when I get back right?" Narcissa questioned, "Excuse us, we must attend to other guests." She gave Carina a quick peck on the cheek and left to say her goodbyes to other guests.

"Party has been dreadful as always, why don't we get out of here?" Perseus suddenly spoke walking up from behind the girl slightly startling her.

"No — I have to stay, they'll notice if I leave too, you should go get some air, I'll see you back home." She hugged Perseus, shocking the boy but he gratefully accepted the hug.

"Are you sure?" He whispered into her ear, "The study's upstairs, I couldn't find anything but they caught me before I could."

Carina nodded in the hug, "Yes. Go, before it's too late."

"All right then you be careful, I'll see you later." Carina offered him the same farewell as she watched him disappear from her view.