9

~~~end flashback~~~

(Keith P.O.V.)

I walked to his cell once again, I opened the door and watched Lance try to move away from me, his chains rattling on the wall.

"I despise you." I hated him so much.

"Perra, mataste a Allura. no eres el único herido."

I got down and knelt in front of him, I used the tip of my blade to lift up his chin, "why don't you call my a bitch to my face?" I smirked.

"I regret teaching you Spanish," he snarled.

"So how does it feel to loose, to be moments away from death?" I dragged the blade down his body, not yet cutting through the flesh.

"Keith please, this isn't you!" Lance said.

I stabbed my sword into his shoulder, making him yell in pain, "and why isn't this me?" I'm curious now.

"Lotor put you under a spell. I don't know how, but I know that's the only way that you could have betrayed us!"

Seriously? I burst out laughing, I can't believe this Moron!

He looked at me in confusion. I grasped my stomach, trying to catch my breath.

I turned to look back at Lance, stabbing my blade into his shoulder once again, this time slowly dragging it down his arm. He yelled again as I pushed it farther in. This boy really can't take pain.

"Is that really what you think? That for the last six deca phoebes, I've just been under the control of Lotor? That I've killed for him?" I smiled, "no, that was all me."

His eyes widened in terror, it was so satisfying. "Y-your lying." Lance stuttered.

I pulled out my sword and I was greeted with another yelp of pain. "I'm going to tell you something. I was born far from earth and I was raised as a Malmoora agent, to be the bodyguard of the prince of the galra empire. I played my part and protected Lotor for many years, and our friendship blossomed into love. My life wasn't perfect but I was content. But after Alfor came into the picture, everything changed. My mentor was killed with his sword and the blood splattered on his hands. I was banished to earth after killing your father and being brainwashed, Lotor helped me remember all of it. I will never forgive Alfor. So now you see why you must die."

"No, I don't see, this isn't right. Keith, I loved you!"

This just made the anger inside me double. Why would he say that? He can't win. That's a lie.

"I'm going to pretend for a moment that you not saying that to through me off and I want to know what you have to gain by telling me this, it's obvious you are nearing you end."

"I said that because it's true, I do love you. I don't care if you've murdered innocent people, I know there's a chance you can come back to our side... to me." Lance was basically shaking now.

"To your side? To the side of this war that the people of the universe hate? Why would I do that?" This Altean looked at me like he didn't even know what I was talking about. He can't be this clueless... can he?

"You really don't know what I'm talking about?" He didn't answer, but I could see it in his eyes. "All Voltron ever did was solve current problems. If a village was constantly under the threat of thrives, Voltron would arrest every one of them. But after that, they would leave, and the thrives would rise again. The Empire gives planets a permanent solution, by giving them a clear leader."

I raised my sword above his head, "time to end this."

Lance looked my straight in the eye, "I'm sorry Keith."

There was a sharp pain in the back of my head, and I fell to the ground. He couldn't have planned all this, it's impossible. Things slowly faded into black and I slipped out of consciousness.

________________

BUMP BA BAAAA! (How'd you like my sound affects?) Hi, sorry for the kinda short chapter, but I hope you liked it. 🦄