Part 3: Chapter 68

•Erin's POV•

It was the middle of summer. The days were long and hot, the moon didn't come out until almost nine o'clock. The pack didn't hold back in the summer. It was filled with swimming, soccer, and a lot of beer. Wolves knew how to party.

It was above ninety degrees at the beginning of July. The sunny skies called for a designated lake day. The entire pack swarmed into the lake. The smell of cooking steaks and hot dogs simmered through the baking air. My father helped a couple others make the steaks and grill them to perfection.

Sirius jumped off the dock in cannonball formation, splashing everyone near the lake.

"Sirius, relax! Some of us are trying to get a tan here!" Dakota said from his lawn chair. He wore nothing but swim trunks and sun glasses. His red beard was brighter in the sun.

"All you're going to do is freckle!" Sirius shouted back.

Nadine, Raven, and Romulus had assembled a volleyball net and pumped the ball back and fourth between each other. All the wolves were muscular and tan, as if they had just a modeling shoot for a men's swimsuit calendar.

But there was only one wolf that had my attention. Bayne Greene.

I was near the pier when he emerged from the lake. I watched him pull himself up from the water. His wet trunks clenched to his body as he ran his fingers through his golden, soaked hair. The sun shined down on his summer tanned skin. His muscles were perfectly outlined. He was like a scene from a movie. I wished I could have watched it in slow motion and replayed it. I began to feel warm all over.  He approached me on the pier, still wading in the water.

"H-Hey." I caught myself completely off guard.

With a grin, he grabbed my ankle and pulled me down to the water. The water shocked my skin at first, but then it began to feel nice.

"Hold your breath." He said in a sultry whisper.

I did as he commanded, filling my lungs with oxygen and holding it there. He pulled me down under the lake. Our mouths collided in an under water kiss.

It filled my mouth with lake water, but it was worth it. He wrapped his hand around me as we pulled away and went back up to shore.

He smiled and played with my wet hair.

Splash!

Sirius attempted to do a back flip into the lake, but fumbled into a tumbling flop. A few others jumped into the lake and joined him.

Bayne had seemed to be happier, and dealing with his emotions better. Romulus and I were trying to establish a mental health program to benefit the entire pack, that was underway. Until then, Bayne agreed to meet with someone. A local psychiatrist in the nearest town. He went there twice a week for most of May and June, but he began to attend once a week. I could see a positive change in his attitude and his mental health. Of course, he didn't tell him he was a werewolf. He under explained a bit. Either way, it was refreshing for him to improve and enjoy life a little more. It was taking time, but the small steps were worth it.

"Food is done! Everyone, get over here and eat!" My father called. People raced past each other for their medium rare steaks.

It rained that night. But that didn't stop the wolves. It only encouraged them. They played soccer and volleyball into the late night. It was like their energy had no limits. We lived for nights like this.

My father and Nadine had disappeared off somewhere early. Thinking about what they went off to do made me feel queasy.

Midway into the rain had gotten heavier. We sensed it was going to start storming. The drinking games and dancing began to come to an end as everyone headed in.

"You guys coming in?" Sirius said, packing up the pong table.

"We'll catch up in a minute." I said. Bayne's arm was around me as I finished my drink.

He nodded and went off. Leaving just us two outside.

"I want to go for a walk." I said. My insides were warm from the alcohol. My head spun.

"Let's go then." Bayne smiled, helping me off the ground. We carried an outdoor blanket we had been sitting on and brought it with us. We walked around the lake. On the other side was another pier, farther away from the lodge. The lodge could be seen from across the lake.

"Be careful, everything is a little slippery." Bayne said when I stumbled into his arms. As if he weren't stumbling a little too.

We plopped down by the pier on the far side from the lake. The rain had slowly began to end. We dangled our legs over the water.

"Do you think the moon is going to come out?"  I said.

"I hope not. Then I wouldn't be able to do this." He put his hand to my face and kissed me.

My mouth began to get tired as we continued to inhale one another's tongues. I began to caress his inner thigh over his shorts. I felt the hard rod between his legs stick up at me.

"What are you doing?" He whispered, our mouths were inches apart from colliding once more.

"I'm ready, Bayne. I want you." I moved from his mouth to his ear and gently began to nibble at it. He let out an orgasmic breath.

"Are you sure you're ready?" His breath was staggered.

"Yes. I'm ready."

"If you change your mind, just say stop. Okay?"

I agreed and kissed his mouth again. Our tongues stirred in each other's mouths.  He moved from my mouth to my neck with his tongue, and ferociously bit my neck. He left a trail of dark purple bruises around my neck. He then worked his way down to biting my chest. He felt his way down to my shorts. I was as erect as he was. I felt him fiddle around the button. I let out a breathy moan.

"I see them! Get them!" A male voice shouted from behind us. Bayne pulled his hands back as fast as he could. Loud footsteps ran towards us.

It was the pack led by Sirius and Hunter. They both ran towards me, scooping me up in their muscular arms and tossed me into the lake.

I plunged under the dark water briefly before pulling backup.

"What the HELL was that for?" Bayne snapped at them.

"Initiation! Initiation!" They chanted.