Chapter 41

Fortunately, the full moon landed on my birthday. It was good and bad. We would be stronger and able to track him, but so would Remus.

Bayne changed back into his typical clothes. He rinsed the gel out of his hair and slipped on his jacket. He had us meet outside. It was evening, the sun would be beginning to set soon.

"Nadine. Distract Ulrich. You'll stay here and make sure he stays here. He can't know." He commanded.

"What am I supposed to do when he turns? Cage him?" She said sassily.

"Let's just hope he doesn't catch on. Raven, can you track him again?"

"I can try. The moon isn't out yet, a strong spell like that usually doesn't work. But I can do my best. We need to go out in the woods. We should head out soon."

"Romulus, is there any way to weaken him?"

"We have to get to him before the moon is up. Until then, he will be in human form. But so will we."

"Not necessarily. I'll be in wolf form."

"What? How?" I said to Bayne.

"I told you before, some experienced wolves can transform when they want. I can." He said.

My insides felt warm. I couldn't explain why I found his words so attractive.

"Why haven't you before?"

"It's risky to be seen. And I don't really like it. But I'll do it. We will track him, pin him down, kill him, and change Erin back."

Everyone was in agreement of the plan. Nadine went inside. Romulus, Raven, me, and Bayne began walking towards the woods. Raven and Romulus were a bit ahead of us. Bayne caught up beside me and grabbed my hand.

"Hey, are you sure you want to go through with this?" He asked.

"Yes. I've been sure for months, I still am."

"You have to drink a dead person's blood. He'll look human. He'll look like Romulus. That won't be an easy thing to do."

"I'm not weak. I can do it. Are you sure you can do this? You were dead last night." I said, turning the concern around to him.

"I'm fine. We can do this, alright? Together." He said.

I smiled at him, and we went into the woods.

"I don't know if I can cast it before the moon comes out." She said.

"Confidence is key, Raven. Remember how you blasted Bree? That was you. You're more powerful than you think. You just have to believe what the rest of us already know." Romulus said to her.

"You're right. I'll try."

Raven began performing her tracking spell. She focused hard and chanted to the sky. The blue trail was more faint than last time, it was barley visible. She let her arms fall down to her side.

"Sorry. The sun weakens me. I could barley cast it." She reminded us, hear what's lowered.

"But you did it! I'm proud of you!" Romulus boosted her.

"Thank you, Raven. You might want to get out of here. This will be bloody." Said Bayne. She nodded before packing up her stuff and leaving.

"Be careful, please Bayne. Don't let it happen again." Raven finished grabbing her stuff. He nodded as she went into the opposite direction of the smokey trail.

Bayne began to strip before turning. It started with his eyes. Then his legs. Both sides of his body began to change and met in the middle. He was massive, almost the size of a car. I hadn't been human in the presence of a wolf since I had turned.