Chapter Forty Three-The Doubts And What If's.

I couldn't see anything as I walked

I couldn't see anything as I walked. Everything was a blurry mess. I couldn't feel my muscles in my body. Everything was as numbing as it could be. My ears, on the contrary picked up any and everything. It was heightened. More than I needed it to be. I heard the shouts of ecstasy of people nearby. I heard the screeching and barking of a squirrel in warning to his family of an impending danger. I heard the light hum of the summer breeze as it brushed past me.

Oh I could hear everything. I could hear so much. I could hear enough. Enough of his pained voice.

I hurt him so bad.

I walked like a zombie to the hostel. I pulled our dorm's door opened and stepped in. I saw Daphne immediately, on her bed as she typed away on her laptop. I drew closer to her, a thought pushing at the walls of my brain. The words were adamant, insisting, more persisting.

"I know about Alexis." The words pushed past without permission. I went to sit on my bed facing her as I waited for her to say something. She sighed and looked up from her laptop.

"I'm so sorry we didn't talk to you about-"

"What was going on between her and Nathaniel?" I cut her of in a stupor with the question. She looked at me, bewildered.

"What?" She asked in a small voice.

"Was he in love with her?" I looked up into her eyes. A glossy sheen of empathy settled in her eyes.

"Sasha..."

"I want to know. Did he love her?" My voice quivered.

"Don't do this to yourself. You're only gonna hurt-"

"It's my call to make!" I said harshly. I just needed answers. A mad glint replaced the empathy.

"And I choose whether to tell you or not! If I say I won't, there's nothing you can do!" She hissed.

I nodded. "Then I guess I'd find out from Amber since she clearly knows more about my boyfriend than I do."

She frowned. "Amber? That's where you've been getting all those crazy info's? Really?!"

"You're in no position to yell at me right now! At least she tells me stuff. I can't say so for my so called best friend!" A pained emotion flittered through her eyes.

Go on monster! Keep hurting those around you!

"You want to know everything? Every little painful detail? You're so eager to get hurt aren't you? You don't need protection. You don't need shielding. You just want to feel the pain. For the numbness and satiation of your curiosity?" I watched her throw all caution to the wind. She jumped off the bed and stepped closer after every sentence. All the care, the understanding she had for me seconds ago, they all froze up into a cold, hard icy blue in her eyes.

"Hear it then!" I jumped off my bed and stood. I didn't know why I did. I stood by my study desk, my left hand gripping it immediately and I realized I just needed something to hold on to.