Chapter Forty Seven-The Fight For Love.

She left

She left.

Never bother counting losses. The people you lose in your life are not meant to be a part of it.

The most dangerous life ever is living everyday for that one person, always worrying if they were safe, wanting to be around them every second and protecting them even when you weren't physically around them. It was when that one person was basically your life.

When they leave, you don't know what to do anymore. Like you're stuck.

I am stuck.

When I woke up this morning in an empty bed and with that stupid letter she'd written in a rush, I thought; life did it to me again. Then I opened my hands to physically count my losses. I quickly closed my fingers over my palm; they weren't meant to be a part of my life. Right?

Who determines who becomes a part of our lives? Sure maybe there is a thing called destiny. My destiny made me lose everything I'd lost so far? My destiny made me come to Lockwood High? My destiny made me meet my friends?

What if I'd chosen not to come to Lockwood High? It'd have still been my destiny that I didn't come. What if I'd taken Alexis with me to that vacation? It'd have been destiny that she didn't die.

What is destiny when it could be anything?

It all comes down to our choices. My choices are my destiny. My decisions set in motion my destiny. Hence, I determine what is meant to be a part of my life.

Destiny is seen as something so difficult to fight when in reality it's the easiest fight. We just had to change the choice.

Life is the biggest fight. Life is the enemy. Destiny is just our choices.

So I count my losses. Because life and wrong choices stole those people from me. Some things are inevitable. Sometimes there's nothing we can do about it. And that is life. Others, they're influenced by our choices. And that is destiny.

If you survive life, destiny just falls into place.

So what do we have? A life to fight. A destiny to write.

I believe in that.

******

The first time I saw Parker, I thought she was unreal. She sat on that desk at the back of the classroom looking like her whole world had fallen apart. What I noticed first was her anger. It shook and stole from her, her sanity. It made me wonder what at all she'd gone through to be mad at the world like that.

Then she squirmed under my gaze and groaned under her breath and I took her in and thought...she wasn't real. Something as breathtaking as that couldn't be real. Her fiery hair curtained her face and since she had her head down, I couldn't see all of her.