feeling good

Ps yes this song is the shit don't judge me it's her song for the talent show it goes with the story !

talent show day !

*Time Jump*

3 months later.

L i l o u

I've kept to myself despite their attempts I just it hurt a lot . As I walked into school ginny , well all of them walked up to me . Nilhea sighed " I know you hate me , but maybe you shouldn't go-" I just walked to my locker .

The names written all over it wow and pictures that weren't even me . I wasn't sad I was angry I was furious. Most of the day I just kept my head high with anger .

When the school day came to a close I walked to the front of the school with everyone else . I almost cried seeing the police dragging Nate Fuentes out in handcuffs . I rushed to get out of there I got home and ran to my room .

I danced to jhene aiko - eternal sunshine" my heart felt so full because finally my life was getting better . he wouldn't be there to touch me like that the one thing though that would suffice .

Marcus .

I miss that boy in more ways than one everything.

I was told his time got extended so I was just hoping for a miracle on this day . Funny story is he's read my music book and loves my music . I miss everything about him especially his lips .

I soon prepared for today I honestly was excited to do this I wanted to feel I guess you could say an empowerment . during today's performance with the song I chose and the outfit I wore I practiced quite a bit in the basement.

I then made my way upstairs I sat in the mirror my sister walked in with a small box sniffling " I pulled a lot of strings for this forgive me lils" she set it down and walked out .

I picked it up and it was from marcus I knew I couldn't hold her accountable Maxine is her girlfriend. I know she's your blood though , Lilou it's just Nilhea likes this girl so much and after her ex I know Maxine is good for her in some ways .

I got up and heard them both " I just god my sister I miss her maxine why did you god she had to go through-" . I didn't hear maxine the door opened and she tried to run past me .

I snatched her arm she was crying I just hugged her we sat there for awhile " I am so sorry" I sniffled " it's okay I know you were mad" she sniffled " I had no right to treat my bestfriend like I did god I left you alone to face him god I'm sorry."

she kissed my head " I promise I'm making up for it lils I am I care and I am making things right for you okay". I eventually calmed then her I went and had a conversation with my sister forgiving her as well .

Despite the differences I needed them today more than ever . I invited over everyone and apologies were coming left and right with gifts . I then got ready .

I was in the bathroom forever I did full glam straightening my hair out . My mom yelled " everyone is here Lilou come on"

I sighed applying lip gloss I opened the door and there stood my mom and friends . I smiled " how do I look?" Maxine gasped " Nilhea your my girlfriend but-" Nilhea smirked " she looks beautiful" .

I smiled " thank you we needa go mama" I walked past everyone downstairs .

I got in the car and everyone piled into it on my drive there everyone was buried deep in phones while I remembered the lyrics to my song .

When we got there I went to the back practicing in the room alone

When we got there I went to the back practicing in the room alone . I paced singing my damn heart out doing the runs until they knocked on the door they led me to the backstage.

I smiled shaking my nerves off " now welcoming our singer for the night welcome Lilou West" I was handed my mic. I walked out and the theatre was full of people everyone was recording. One of the judges spoke " start whenever you'd like hun" .

I nodded and began the song

Birds flying high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me, yeah
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me, ooh
And I'm feeling good
Fish in the sea, you know how I feel
River running free, you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree, you know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me
And I'm feeling good
Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know?
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world, is a new world
And a bold world for me, yeah-yeah
Stars when you shine, you know how I feel
Scent of the pine, you know how I feel
Oh, freedom is mine
And I know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me
I'm feeling good

When I finished moving from each side of the stage I hit the highest note I've ever hit . I stood as my note came to an end . I walked to the mark hearing them clapping whistling my mom yelled " That's Right Eat Baby Girl Eat !"

I smiled I got a good judgement as the show went on I watched there were some hard acts to beat . We were back on stage now they had just announced second .

The principal smiled big " First Place Prize Tonight Goes to Lilou West for her incredible voice" .

I waited for my trophy yet no trophy came she smiled " sorry on it's way" .