Chapter 16: A perfect balance of danger and charm...Claimed!

Stanley 'STAN' Norris vs. Ian 'WILL' Williams

Pix: the Arrow Wolf

Video: Stand By You by Rachel Platten

Dedicated to: cravelestwins

Enjoy!

***

Will stopped running and leaned against the nearest tree. His eyes darted around as harsh pants left his lips. He couldn't see anything but he knew that the beast was there. Will wasn't running away from the beast. He was rather looking for it. He had an urgent need to find the beast, knew it was very close, could even hear its loud growls but couldn't find him. Unfortunately, not finding him was beginning to make him feel pain. So much pain! So why couldn't he find it, Will wondered for the umpteenth time as he broke into a run again.

It was getting scarily dark as he ran. He was tired. He felt alone. His body felt as if it was on fire. The pain was getting unbearable. Will just knew that the only way he could be rid of the discomfort and pain was to find that beast. He felt so frustrated he wanted to give up. But anytime he tried to, the pain got worse and the growls inside his head became so loud and vicious.

Will ran. He wondered where Ty, Jackson, and the other Arrowheads were. He couldn't even remember the kind of mission they were on. Was what he was experiencing happening to his crew too? Why couldn't he see any of them? Had the enemy succeeded this time? Had they finally bitten more than they could chew? Will called out the names of his fellow Arrowheads but no one responded. He felt the tears on his cheeks and prayed no one would see him shedding them. But who would even see him, he wondered. It looked like he was all alone. Just then, Will heard someone calling his name from afar.

His eyes shifted around, looking for the one who called. He began to run away from the voice. He couldn't let anyone see him in his current state. He was a strong man. No one had ever seen him breakdown.

'I have, Will.' Will heard the voice again. 'I've seen you at your worst. You don't have to run from me.'

'Stan!'

'Open your eyes, baby,' Stan said urgently.

'I'm in so much pain, Stan,' Will gasped. 'It keeps getting worse.'

'I know, and I'm sorry. Open your eyes. Please.'

'What do you mean open your eyes?' Will sounded confused. 'My eyes are wide open.'

'No, they're not. You're dreaming. Wake up, Will. You can do it. You are strong. Come on!'

'I can't,' Will's voice cracked. 'I don't know how. I feel as if I'm burning and drowning at the same time.'

'Oh, Will...'

'Make it stop, Stan.' Will groaned shakily. 'Please.'

And in the jungle room, a distraught Stan gave a loud anguished roar. He let out all his pain, frustration, and helplessness into that roar. And that agonized sound was what snapped Will out of his tormented dream.

"Stan!" Will screamed his mate's name as his eyes shot open.

He sat up, his unfocused eyes darting around wildly. Will looked as if he'd just come out of a pool. He was drenched in his sweat. The first thing he finally focused on was his mate. His Stan. Will instantly felt safe. He still felt as if he wanted to crawl out of his skin but he felt safe. A gasp tore out of him when he noticed the blatant anguish on Stan's face. His mate must be going through the same predicament he was he concluded, still fuzzy about what was going on.

"What is happening to us, Stan?" Will croaked. "What is happening to me?"

"You are going through the change." Stan's voice was barely above a whisper.