Chapter 6: A perfect balance of danger and charm...Taking a Plunge!

Stanley 'STAN' Norris vs. Ian 'WILL' Williams

Pix: The candylicious Will

Video: Kiss Your Candy by R. Kelly

Dedicated to Skatlecubed

Enjoy!

***

Stan didn't think he could have described how he was feeling if he'd been asked. He'd never felt anything that painful. It was as if his heart was being ripped out of his chest and at the same time he was being sliced with a thousand knives from the inside. He was going insane. As if that wasn't agonizing enough, he had to contain his struggling wolf. As he walked towards the camp, Stan began to regret leaving the party. Maybe staying amongst people would have somehow helped to suppress his wolf better. He couldn't fault the beast for wanting to come out and claim his mate and put a stop to all the unacceptable behaviour that was being portrayed. But he'd left because he wanted to spare his wolf the pain of having to deal with that scent. It had gotten agitated as soon as he'd smelt that particular person.

Stan was determined to do the right thing. Until Will knew what he was, knew what he was to him, accepted him, and willingly allowed himself to be turned and marked, he wasn't going to bite the man. That was his resolution and he meant to stick by it. It would, therefore, be a complete disaster if he were to shift because if he did, he wouldn't be able to control his wolf. He headed directly for his suite when he got to the camp. He wanted nothing more than to go for a run but he couldn't risk letting his agitated wolf out.

"Stan!" He heard Will calling from behind him but he didn't stop.

Even when he heard Will break into a run, he kept going till he reached their door. His hands were shaking so bad he had a hard time inserting the key into the lock. Will got to his side just as the door opened.

"I know you heard me calling you." Will rasped harshly, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" A still quiet Stan entered the suite followed closely by Will. "Hey, I asked you a question," Will growled, kicking the door shut. "I want to know why you're angry."

Will was genuinely confused. Stan had been perfectly happy at the party. He never once saw him in a fight or argument with anyone. So to suddenly see him so angry was rather disconcerting. What shocked him even more was Stan's attitude that very moment. He didn't recall doing anything to offend the instructor at the party. In fact, he'd spent a greater part of the evening drinking and chatting with two other guys who weren't dancing much. Almost everyone had been on their feet dancing. It was only when Akua arrived that he'd spent some time on the dance floor. And the next thing he knew, an angry Stan was leaving the party. Maybe someone had pissed him off when he wasn't looking. But whatever the issue was, Will expected Stan to tell him rather than shut him out. It was almost as if he'd offended him. His eyes widened in shocked anger when Stan started for his bedroom without answering him.

"Hey, asshole, will you stop and answer me when I'm talking to you?" Will bellowed. If he was surprised when Stan stopped walking, it didn't show it. But when Stan turned around and started towards him as if he was a panther about to capture its prey, Will took an involuntary step back.

When Stan got to Will, he gripped him under the neck and slammed him into a wall. Then he pushed his face so close to his that their noses were almost touching and breathed, "Don't ever talk to me like that, do you hear me?"

"I will talk to you anyhow I want," Will growled right back. "You are acting like a child." He wasn't backing down at all. "And whilst we're at it, don't ever slam me into a wall again." Then totally catching Stan off guard, Will delivered a hard kick to his shin and knocked his hand away from his throat. He didn't stop there. The Arrowhead went into full attack mode.