Chapter 20:Blood

Cato POV

Clove returned to normal kind of, she was herself except the fact she would flip out everytime she would see a white and red rose as well as hearing the words 'Natalie', 'cousin' and 'snow'. She'd also flip out if she saw blood or anything that resembled blood.

I tudge upstairs to my bedroom and wake Clove up

"Clove, wake up" I softly call

She begins to arouse and murmuring things, I lean closer to hear what she's saying

"Natalie.....come home don't die" she murmers, I keep listening to her

"Why..did you leave me Nat"

"You said you could win for me..."

My eyebrows furrow together, she must be really close to her deceased cousin.

Suddenly two arms wrapped around my neck,

"Good morning Cato" she mumbled, she then kissed my cheek lightly.

I turned my face, so I was facing her I kissed her lightly on the lips

"Are you ok Clove?" I ask. She simply nods as a reply.

I carry her down stairs and slip out of her lazy grip around my neck. I give her some milk to drink and a piece of toast. She quietly eats her food while watching tv, it was a capitol show that Caesar was hosting with Claudius. I watched her from the kitchen drinking tea.Then they show how a tribute became a victor.

I shrugged my shoulders, everything will be fine. Then I heard a scream. I put my tea down and ran to the lounge room only to find Clove, her knee tucked up to her chin and she gripped her hair and covered her ears panting. I glanced at her then the tv, they showed a well-built tribute that looked like Thresh he was using a brick and repeatedly hit another tributes forehead with the brick. Until the other tribute died. The tribute that died was a girl. The blood began to flow out of the dead tributes head like a river of blood.

I turned off the tv and turned my attention to Clove, she was shaking and panting. I kneeled infront of her and calmed her down. I removed her hands from her head and ears then held them down. She quietly sobbed

"Clove, it's ok it's just a little blood" I whisper. She sobs louder it turns into a wail. I hold the sides of her face and look her in the eyes.

"It's ok, it's just blood" I repeat

"Noo" she sobs

"shhhh" I tell her. I use the pad of my thumb to wipe away, the tears now streaking down her flushed cheeks. I then pull her to my lap and cradled her. She kept sobbing, everytime her sobs became louder and more harder to control I cooed her.

"It's ok" I whisper into her hair

"So much blood" she sobs out looking at her shaking hands.

"I touched it, it was so red there was so much of it" she chokes out. Her eyes widden and she cries even more.

I cradle her for another hour, then she falls into deep sleep in my arms. I lift her up and I tuck her into my bed. I kiss her on the forehead and leave her.

"It's only blood" I whisper

I then exit my room and close the door quietly.

Pic of Natile (Clove's cousin) on the side check it out!!--------------------------------->