𝙾𝚗𝚎

At Cyber University Of Korea

11:45 p.m.

2 days before swap,

Enveloped with the clouds playing hide and seek with the earth from out in the space, a ray of bright sunlight penetrated through the atmosphere and fell on a perfectly proportioned figure, or so she thought, exhilarated with herself.

Rashita Roselle, who had just entered the late teenage phase, looked lost in thoughts that flooded her mind. It was her first day in college, the time to hold all possible questions and excitements for yet another start of life. But surprisingly her thoughts diverted towards the way back home. Like a person who had been homesick, she thought about her room, not bothered by the members but praying for nobody entering in there. Or the least expectation of not touching any object, or a specific one.

Rashita wandered around penning down the ways to different faculties. As a fresher, the very first impression and importance is to know the route to your destination to avoid being bullied and made fun of.

She was wonderstruck by the beauty of her college. Her thoughts started to change in seconds as she slowly drifted into her own world, only to be thrown out of it.

"Bloody hell", she cursed at the ball that hit her head, with annoyance all over her face. Her eyebrows squinted as she turned to look at the owner. "Pass it daydreamer!", the boy shouted from afar stimulating her epinephrine hormone. Her temper was relatively sensitive.

Periodically bouncing the ball and tossing it in the air, Rashita moved closer to him, "Whom are you ordering? Can you not politely ask to throw it back." All the students turned to look over the contretemp between two Freshers. Like ants following each other, the whole campus started to gather one by one.

"Excuse me miss," a team member interrupted cockly, "why don't you mind your own business and return the ball. We don't have time to waste on a Muppet." Certainly the wrong choice of words and expression calls for trouble who was in disguise Rashita this time.

"Too proud", she scoffed at their overconfidence and threw the ball at the boy with the smirk still on her lips. Smoothly running her fingers through her silky wavy hair, she combed it into a pony, tightening with the rubber band, not even a strand of hair left out. The challenging attitude that was certainly Rashita's way, her arms folded with confidence, tint of smirk never leaving her lips. "Let's shoot some hoops."

When the member replied instead, underestimating her by physique, she turned to him with an annoyed look. "Are you his substitute?",Rashita asked him in an attempt of mockery, "I am asking him. He's supposed to answer me. Why rubbing your butt in other's commode?"

All the way, the boy stood silent watching the unwanted drama, occasionally ruffling his hair as the sweat dripped in droplets from his hair down to his forehead and further to his collarbone. "Not interested", his deep voice rejected the challenge. He threw the ball and walked off the court.

"Are you scared to lose to a girl now?",Rashita taunted him. This took it to his ego and he turned to give her a deep stare.

"He's HARUTO. Watanabe Haruto. One of the elite basketball players. You think he'll be afraid of you? He's simply not interested in girls like you who like to flaunt", the member replied, well aware of the consequences that might turn out.

"I'll play", Haruto walked up and took the ball from Rashita's hand.

"Now that's some manly choice."

With not a second to waste, the fight between two Freshers, more like a battle between two rulers, began. The match was fierce to start off with. Where Rashita worked on instincts to distract Haruto, his mind processed every step making a deep analysis of her frequent movements. At the start of the game, he scrutinized her specific moves while Rashita observed his saccade, thereby sequencing the ways to confuse his actions.

Deeper analysis takes a little more time comparative to work on instincts. Result wise, Rashita took the limelight right from the start. Although the first goal was claimed by Haruto, the next three turned in hers.

The game was a goal away from end after both the sides had come up to a tie by four to four. Atmosphere heated agitation in people as they kept an eagle eye at the uncertain outcome. With smooth play, Rashita took the ball from Haruto's hand and bounced it to the goal until he appeared from the back whispering in deep voice accompanied with a scoff, "forget it."

It distracted Rashita. His voice sent shivers in the spine, freezing her for a second. And Haruto hit the ball off her hand. Too close to the goal, she had to start over again.

Victory was destined to be of one's at first place but the twist of fate reversed the positions. Rashita reached nearer almost to make a goal but before it could happen, the whistle rang indicating the time had run out. She sighed lowering her chin as it struck her that instant, it was a deliberate distraction to consume the time.

Those end time tactics were the skill of Haruto. Being an athlete, he knew the ways to deal with opponents.

She stared daggers at him as he rejoiced over his victory. "Sometimes it's better to stop the opponent rather than focusing on scoring", throughout the match he said the only complete sentence with a proud smirk.

"Don't rejoice because anyways, above scoring, all that matters is at the end who holds the ball", she simpered with a satisfied look.

"Resh! Comon professor has called you", Janet wheezed after running for long. Rashita looked at her with confused expression to which Janet reminded her, "You were supposed to meet him this morning." Rashita's eyes widened as she remembered the orders of the principal. Usually she was an attentive student but all she lacked was her punctuality. She barely appeared or completed tasks on time.

"Haruto baby, you okay?", Lisa ran to Haruto with the towel in her hand. Her dress seemed to go higher than her knees sticking to her body that manifested her spiteful nature to its extent.

Rashita laughed at her speech as she turned up with a mocking answer, "Your baby is not okay. Please take care of your BABY. Provide him with protein rich milk. Okay BABY?"

Janet and Rashita ran away from court laughing all the way whereas Haruto stared at Rashita having multiple thoughts in his head. Being like a man of few words, he walked off without saying anything as Lisa started to cling onto him.

✧✧

*Lisa here is an imaginary character and not related to the band Blackpink by any means (author's imagination included). The author respects every queen of Blackpink wholeheartedly.*