Five

At Rashita's home
Morning 6 a.m.

Covered with sweat, Rashita rolled on her bed hanging in half sleep and half irritation portrayed on her face that the morning alarm caused. Frustrated with the continuous ringing, she reached to stop the alarm but came down rolling off the bed. Losing both her sleep and attempting to stop the beep, instead she hurt her hand.

Or perhaps not. Rashita gazed up at the clock in utter annoyance when her expression drastically changed from anger to shock.

6:25 A.M.

She was late again. Kicking her slippers straight to the washroom door, she stumbled yet ran at her full speed.

In there was Hyunsuk, humming 'I love you' by Bobby. "Get yourself out fast!", Rashita shouted, banging the door. Unexpectedly, her hand was strong. Yet again.

Hyunsuk screamed from inside, " Yah! Should I half poop and get my ass out?"

At the dorm

Eyes half closed and head tilted down, like a zombie, Haruto dragged his feet to the bathroom. Jihoon called him to hurry up while being like a mother, he tidied up the dorm.

Almost hitting both the walls, Haruto managed to get to the bathroom but the morning couldn't go any worse. Like millions of nails had been hammered on his left hand, the pain emerged piercing his muscles. Ah!, he groaned in pain catching Junkyu's attention who was still lazily resting in his bed.

Both of his hyungs (brothers in Korean) ran to the boy's call. Haruto slid down, his back attached to the wall, while he held his tears. Or so he thought. The pain was worse but the latter had no sign of injury.

"Drop the college. Junkyu will attend the lecture on your behalf", Jihoon ordered as they dragged Haruto to a nearby chair. Flabbergasted by his words, Junkyu stared at Jihoon for a moment. "You've got to be kidding me Jihoon."

"No I'm not"

"Yes you are! Today is my last day of break!"

"It's his third day of College."

"So you're asking me to sacrifice my last day of freedom for his lecture?"

"No I'm not asking", Jihoon pulled a straight face, "Wasn't I clearly ordering you?"

"Jihoon-"

"Time is already running out", he interrupted, causing great annoyance in Junkyu. "You both are the worst! Go kick your ass in mud for good! I hate you both!", Junkyu yelled exasperatedly as he hurried to dress up.

"Aww... We love you too!", both gave him a chef kiss as they burst into laughter.

Annoying Junkyu was their daily laughter dose and Junkyu appeared to be incognizant of it.

At Cyber University Of Korea

The sleepy body zoned out of reality staring at the dampened ceiling that resulted from the heavy rain shower since late at night. "Hello miss daydreamer", a soft white hand waved, breaking her dwalm, bringing her to full consciousness. "Are you planning to spend the lunch time torturing your empty stomach?" Janet chuckled as she leaned her body on the desk.

Rashita heaved a sigh at the mention of physical movement. Her body had been behaving more unusually than any other day. "Come let's go before our stomach launches strike against us", Janet grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the hall.

On the way to the cafeteria, Rashita dragged her body chit-chatting with her friend. "The morning has been unfortunate. First I fell from the bed then-", she narrated but was cut in between as Janet slightly yelled.

"Fell? Are you fine? You're not hurt right-"

Janet couldn't finish her words when her back hit something strong before Rashita could pull her from the corridor. Locked between two big hands and a basketball that stopped by the end of her spine, her body leaned over the boy as she gripped his white fabric shirt burying her face in his chest. His amber floral fragrance tickled her nose creating an attractive aura around.

The boy stared at the soft wavy purple ombre hair, quite mesmerized by the natural shine when a melodious voice travelled in a teasing manner, "Justin~ what's going on?"

Startled by the voice, Justin threw the ball to Rashita who later passed it over to the other boy. With a jerk he pushed, the moderately fragile body, hastily turning his back while the latter stared in the air trying her best to perceive the sudden actions.

He left with his brother, and Janet watched the body disappear, with a shining puppy-like eyes longing for his gaze to meet hers.

Is this what we call love at first sight or an infatuation with his proportionate body?

"Am I suspecting love at first sight Janet?" Rashita cooed next to her shoulder. "Or wait, love at first encounter because you didn't see his face."

The said girl internally blushed at the mere accident while her friend kept poking and teasing her. "I don't know about love but hunger at first sight is making my stomach punch for sure", Janet slightly rubbed her belly as she stared at the burger in the hands of one of the students.

Cafeteria

"You don't feel the pain of this cut?"

The high pitch attracted the students at once. Rashita muffled her mouth from her bare hands lowering her voice. As if things were not already confusing, Junkyu heard it.

"I don't. It seems as if every pain has just disappeared", Rashita said. To check it for confirmation Janet pinched harder on her left hand. But there was no sign of reaction.

"Am I hallucinating?", Janet's eyes widened in shock. For another confirmation she pinched the right hand. This time there was a reflex action which came as a red mark on her friend's dorsal side of hand. A tight, full force slap that Rashita gave on Janet's hand in return for the pain she caused.

"This means it's just your Left hand that feels nothing."

Meanwhile another body shrieked in pain that disturbed his system. His heart rate increased and like the remedy, the pain started to slow down.

But Rashita ran short of breath.

✧✧