𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

"We what?", Rashita's voice cracked and she burst out laughing. All this seemed to be just a dream they would wake up from anytime soon. "How many books exactly did you read that your genius mind has gone insane?"

Haruto stared at her blankly, trying to get a suitable reply to her mockery. But there came nothing. Instead, the figure of the girl caught his eyes. Blue loose top and the white jeans with the coat in hand. The same beauty, his crush. Sayuri.

The sudden malfunctioning of his brain caused him to rush to meet her. To ask her about her condition as an excuse, he hurried downstairs not paying heed to Rashita's question. "H-Hey! Answer to the question. Why did you say that?", she called out but he had already left. Confused, she turned to see downstairs and the same figure caught her eyes as well. But she saw what Haruto couldn't see.

"Hey! Sayuri", Haruto ran to her breathing heavily. Holding her wrist, he stopped for a second to relax. "Haruto, am I right?", she asked with a smile. A smile so pretty for him. Haruto nodded with a smile too. "How are you here? To meet someone?", she asked again.

"You", slipped from his mouth and he immediately regretted saying it. "I mean I was looking for my hyung but I saw you here so I came to ask about your health."

She replied with a smile she was doing fine when her phone rang. After a small talk, she hung up looking at Haruto again. 

"I'm sorry, I have to leave. We'll see each other later?", Sayuri forwarded her hand for a shake. "Um okay", hesitant enough, Haruto still managed to hold her hands for the hand shake. And without his permission, his heart beat fast.

Rashita who was starring at the figures, felt sudden increase in heart rate again. She looked at Haruto and his words hit her. He was right. 

Distant from two, behind the pillars, a boy, stared at them trying his best to control the sight. And Rashita couldn't get her eyes off him. Why is he staring at them?, she thought.

"Hey Rashita. Why are you standing here?", Janet grabbed her friend by her shoulders. Everything went blank for Rashita that instant. All she knew was her friend shouldn't see him. She wasn't supposed to. She couldn't handle.

"Nothing! I was waiting for Haruto but lets go. He'll come by his own", she pulled Janet by her wrist and the latter followed her, confused still.

Lost in thoughts of Sayuri, Haruto walked towards the cafeteria. The thought of meeting her somewhere later was exciting him. Although he couldn't feel it. Dreams spun and smile plastered but it all came crashing when he was firmly pulled by someone in the library passage.

"W-who are you?", he attempted to yell at the person but the fingers shut his lips as the body pushed him back completely entering the library. Slowly the hands moved away and the boy asked in almost loud voice, "why did you pull me here?"

"Shh, can't you keep you deep voice low? Someone might hear us", she shushed him up. But the already released voice couldn't be captured. "Is someone there?", a strict female voice called. By the voice and the clatter of her heels, it was quite obvious the librarian was on her way to them. Holy shit, Rashita cursed under her breath making Haruto's brow raise. The boy like dummy, only moved on her order. He couldn't control himself at the time, he wasn't let to.

Rashita pulled him behind the book shelves in the small dark room. Never thinking twice, she ended up standing closer to him. While the librarian kept checking, the two people just like any kdrama scene, locked their gazes, comfortlessness present in the air. 

Did I ever say his almond shaped dark brown eyes were like modern art. Even the thick eyebrows compliment them so perfectly. One could look at them and hours would seem less.  Eh? What rubbish am I thinking, Rashita mentally conversed with herself.

Her eyes are like shooting stars, connect you to a different universe. A look at them can steal your worries away, that mesmerizing. Wait, this isn't what I am supposed to think!, he internally hit his brain.

Both were lost, finding definitions for each others' eyes. For them, everything had come to halt but immediately they pulled their gazes away. Rashita fanned herself from the sweaty feeling and jumped outside as soon as the librarian left.

Dusting off the invisible particles, her expression immediately changed back to the serious one. "So, what do you know about our situation?",  she turned to ask. Haruto stared dumbfounded not being able to understand her question.

"Uri...you know what I mean?", she indicated each other's left hand and motioned her fingers back and forth. Still confused Haruto asked, "Uri?" Unsure why she was hesitating to say, but she nevertheless gave up indirect indications. 

"God knows what makes you genius. You're simply a moron", she rolled her eyes with pouting face. "It's about our sensation interchange."

"Not much sure. Junkyu hyung said you were hurt few days back but it didn't leave any pain", he continued, "and today as well, you got a scratch but it was me who was in pain. How about you?"

"That day even I was crying without reason and my heart was racing fast when I did no physical activity", Rashita replied. They both sat on the ground thinking about the possible reason of their condition but nothing seemed to be suspicious. Everything for them was normal before that particular day. That particular day.

"Everything was fine until that night", Haruto looked at Rashita startled at the thought. The memories of the night at the hall flashed to both leaving them shocked.

"The mystery lies in that night."

✧✧