𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

The temperature of the surrounding suddenly seemed to increase. There was intense look but their state was different. One was filled with plannings and the other with utter shock.

"What?", Jeongwoo's eyes almost bulged out hearing her sudden confession.

"Was I not clear enough? I said go on a date with me. Be my boyfriend", Rashita immediately replied not letting go that wide smile.

It took for Jeongwoo, a minute to figure out what had just happened. All in vain. He couldn't accept the fact that in the freezing cold evening with the cup of warm coffee and a pretty normal conversation, he was being asked out unanticipatedly from the unexpected person.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you but", he took a pause then continued, "I don't feel anything else for you than a good friend."

Rashita bursted into laughter hearing his reply. Her intention had a different interpretation to him. "No dude I don't like you in "that" way", she cleared it out air quoting that.

Next Day
At College canteen

Half of the day passed peacefully and all living their respective life. The crowd settled down and Janet went to look for Rashita.

"I looked for you last night", Janet sat opposite to her tired but excited. "You remember Junkyu sunbae? He asked if we had interest in someone. I thought to say Jeongwoo..."

Rashita was busy reading her book to cover up the missed lectures side by side listening to Janet. Half of her mind was busy understanding the subject but Janet's mention of Jeongwoo caught her interest. She popped her head out of the book pretending to show some interest in him.

"Did you say it?", she asked. Janet blinked her eyelids once then twice, startled at her behaviour then let out a small "No."

The conversation could've been led to another topic but Jeongwoo's sudden entrance on the stage geared up different emotions.

"Jeongwoo!", someone shouted making Jeongwoo turn behind confused. There were few of the students staring at him, precisely idolising him but that had no serious effect on the popular boy. He took a sip of the banana milk in his hand and looked to the front.

"Yah, Doraewoo!", the girl yelled again making him choke on the drink. He quickly glanced back once again and his elder brother had quite perfect timing to walk in.

"Doraewoo and all", Junkyu whistled near his ears and rested his elbows on the long shoulder. "Love confessions already?", he teased and wiggled his eyebrows unknown to Jeongwoo's reaction.

Caught off guard by the words, the boy spit the milk chocking for the second time. "Confession what?" he questioned yet once again got interrupted. Rashita appeared next to them answering to Junkyu's question.

"We confessed, yes", she spoke up, "and now we're dating." Rashita moved slowly towards him then slipped her hands round to his arms. A passionate look in her eyes when she stared at Jeongwoo, gave him shock.

"Y-yeah it all happened too fast", the next thing he knew, Jeongwoo was pretending along with her although hesitant. Yet something they didn't know was the pain Jeongwoo and Janet were going through looking at each other.

"You didn't tell me Resh", she came forward with a strange smile speaking while holding a lump in her throat. Her eyes became watery and Rashita saw through it. Both became weak, to the stage they almost exposed the act.

"I know right, they're not our friends anymore", fortunately, Junkyu handled it. Jeongwoo instantly found an excuse and ran out of the canteen then followed by Rashita.

|Few weeks later|

The relationship of Haruto and Rashita had gradually taken a step forward. Their efforts to put things back in place drew them closer from cut throat enemies to far friends.

"Who would like to answer the question?", the professor asked and the cat and mouse were ready to start the war over raising first. The two burnt hole in each other's eyes.

They were friends but time couldn't stop them from turning back to enemies every now and then.

She stared at him and the wicked smile emerged on her lips putting Haruto in terror. "Don't even think of doing anything wrong", he warned to the person who always did the opposite.

"As if I'd listen to you", that smile prominent on her lips, she slipped her hands under the table and the next thing he knew was she's a freakin' psychopath!

His conclusion wasn't wrong in any way because she had attempted a hurtful act of scratching her arm with nail. Haruto winced in pain and had to pull his hand down. "Psycho!", he whisper yelled.

She looked back at Jeongwoo and the two laughed making sure the voice wasn't audible. With time, even Jeongwoo and Rashita had grown close side by side mastering their acting. Although Jeongwoo would melt seeing Janet but Rashita was there to manage all.

Everyone progressed with their relationship but there was always a constant feeling of jealousy which never changed.

Haruto and Janet stared at the two leave while feeling tight chest. However they never accepted their feelings.

At canteen

All four sat together discussing about the semestral exams and their ways to preparation. Janet couldn't participate much due to the difference in major. 

"How about we start a group study from today?", Rashita put up an idea to which the two agreed but Janet was unsure about it. They looked at her denying head and questioned together "why?"

"Because my major is different from yours. I would be an extra getting bored", she pouted supporting her chin with the palms of her hand. But the pair of three eyes didn't move. Instead their brows raised together making her scratch the back of her head in nervousness, "why are you guys looking at me like this?"

"7 o'clock at evening. Be there at the library on time", Rashita, Haruto and Jeongwoo ordered with light bang on the table getting off for the next lecture.