𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

At the college

The sound of keys and the clicks of the mouse broke the silence of the room making it the only audible sound.

'My lower body would be paralyzed at this state', Rashita thought in herself. It had been half past 2 in the afternoon and she had been seated for somewhat around 5 hours straight.

For the nth time she reached at her water bottle and finally took the empty container as an excuse to leave her chair she had been sticked to.

"It has been so many years since I found a prey. I have him over me now wait for the right time."

Inside the washroom, Rashita overheard the conversation of a girl. Strangely her voice was familiar but feeble given to the distance and non echo space.

She unlocked the door slowly and tried to take a glance but the earlier voice had already disappeared.

'Who was this girl that sounded so venomous?'

"Rashita are you in there?", the hyperventilating voice called in hurry and Janet showed behind Rashita in the mirror. A sense of relief plastered on her face upon finding the person and without wasting any time for explanation, she grabbed her wrist to run back to where she came from.

"Why are you in such hurry?", Rashita asked between the running activity to which Janet simply replied with "you'll know there."

The two reached the ground where the whole campus was gathered. The place where she had a competition with Haruto now was replaced by Jeongwoo.

There was loss of words and hence drop dead silence all around. It wasn't an ordinary match but two champions' face off which had put the audience in dilemma of whom to support and whom to not.

The whistle rang and the two moved their legs with pace, bouncing the ball from one side to another. It wasn't any surprise Haruto leading the game. Yet the position of 'centre of attraction' was challenged today.

Jeongwoo played neck to neck professionally getting squeals from the crowd, female mostly, everytime he ran his fingers through his wet hairs. From the peripheral vision that I caught, Janet's eyes had a hypnotized look. So lost into the dreamy world hardly did anything seem to wake her up.

On an ordinary day, the crowd would somewhat disperse leaving space for more to enter. But today found even air to struggle pushing inside.

It was finally a goal. But to your surprise, not whom you'd expect. Park Jeongwoo. The second in the list but equivalent to the first.

The score was pretty well equaled by the second round.

The aura between them was more than that of a mere match. A strange flame of anger and frustration perplex to be understood. The fight was fiery.

"My Jeongwoo!" someone squealed from behind. "Stop it dumbass" another continued, "MY HAJEONGWOO!" Their shrieking could potentially damage the ears but specific someone wouldn't know they existed.

"Jeongwoo what are you doing here?" Rashita shouted next to Janet's ears to which she responded with jerk "where?!" There was a shine of admiration in her eyes, the passion of liking one of it's kind. And Rashita couldn't feel any more guilty.

About a matter of minutes passed. The final goal was around when Rashita couldn't hold onto herself anymore. The racing heart rate wasn't what she was used to with.

There in the court, Jeongwoo glared at Haruto for the nth time powerfully bouncing the ball. The latter couldn't understand the dual feeling behind and carried on with game. Swiftly twirling his body, Haruto snatched away the ball from Jeongwoo's hand and moved forward to the goal.

Howbeit, luck couldn't side with any one of the aces. The whistle rang and the time had run out. But to lost Jeongwoo only one thing would matter at the moment, kill Haruto. And so he attempted to execute his plan only to end up as the hot topic. He attacked Haruto from back before the later turned behind making them both fall onto each other.

The hall oohed and aahed over their awkward position. The shippers went crazy while the two boys internally facepalmed. Jeongwoo eyed Haruto, "meet me in the room immediately", then taking his final leave from the court before awkwardness would engulf them.

At the Locker Room

Silence was spread in the room with no trace of humans around. Only the footsteps of Haruto surrounded with soft sound of breathing. He opened his locker and took out the towel to wipe his sweat that had by then drenched his shirt.

With the gush of wind someone turned him to face and pinned with his remarkably strong arms.

"You knew she was involved in Yoshinori hyung's case, didn't you?"