𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

3 hours before swap,

"Shit how could I lose it", Rashita pulled her hair in frustration at being unable to find her precious item that she hadn't yet fully discovered. The dusk had fallen, the stars as the only light hiding the earth's natural satellite with clouds that were gradually forming in the region.

Rashita set out to search the whole college, trying her best to be out of anyone's sight. Torchlight made the path visible as she half crawled searching for that little diamond she dropped during one of the classes.

If I lose this, I'm done with my life at once, she thought while her steps gradually moved forward, carefully observing every tiny particle. And soon she ended up in the lecture hall which, you call fortune or luck, was unlocked.

Rashita's steps halted as the rattling sound from the hall entered her ears. The darkness in the room blocked her clear vision. She stepped forward when soon her eyes were dazzled by the bright light that casted on her.

There both the beings screamed together supported by the lecture auditorium which echoed their voice. Trouble, trouble comes again. The guard who was taking the round, heard their voice.

"What are you doing here!", Rashita shouted at the latter who stood in shock. "You-", he sighed, stumbling back as tears started to roll down his cheeks slowly. Shocked by his actions, Rashita ran towards him then bent on knees.

"Hey hey hey, Haruto! Why are you crying?", she wiped a tear that was about to fall on the ground. Is he perhaps scared of darkness?, she thought. "Why did you come here late at night when you couldn't handle the darkness!"

"To beat the shit out of me", Haruto scoffed to which Rashita rolled her eyes, standing up. "Isn't it obvious I lost something I'm trying to find?"

"Oh of course I was dreaming about your lost item. Right", her arms folded along both her eyebrows that rose in annoyance.

"거기 누구야? (Who is there?)", the guard called from far, searching the whole school. Astonished by the locked gate, he wondered who would have entered from the high fence.

Haruto pulled Rashita and crawled under the table. But his mountain-like legs were a difficult part to fit in. Every time he tried, his head and back hit the table. "What're you doing? He's out there!", Rashita whispered, perplexed by his activity. The footstep sound became more clear.

Sighing, she got out and slightly kicked his leg inside. Brows furrowed, she crawled back again when the guard entered the hall. Dense silence spread around. Even the insect's voice could be heard.

"When did this hall open?", the guard said. He moved the torch light checking the room when Rashita's mind played mischief. She gave a roguish smile catching Haruto's attention.

Oh Divinity, protect your child from this rogue.

Rashita moved her fingers on her phone and turned it towards Haruto.

'Take your phone out and hand it to me.'

Upon reading her message, Haruto shook his head sideways. No of course he couldn't join her hands in troubling someone. But Rashita didn't care. Enjoy the moment that won't come again - her motto, it was. She widened her eyes in an attempt to threaten him. Haruto, despite the denial, had to finally give up and hand her his phone. He surrendered in front of Rashita and obeyed what she ordered.

Both the beings stuck at two different corners under the desk. Silence still around except the guard who called out continuously, there was a sudden buzz in the hall. Like a driller piercing the wall, the vibration filled the room.

"W-who is t-there?", the guard stuttered, panicked by an unusual sound. Multiple scary thoughts started to pop in his head when a sound of cry filled the air. As if God was enjoying the scene, his flashlight turned off suddenly.

Behind the scenario, Rashita muffled her laugh as she successfully executed her plan. She knew the guard was coward enough to take the initiative to check the hall and that made it easier for her to pull a prank on him. She had set five simultaneous vibrating alarms in both the phones to create a buzzing sound when in contact with the rod. In the meantime, she played a scary cry in full volume.

Haruto burst into a smile. He never knew pranking someone would be blithesome too. But the same got scared by the cry and attempted to scream when Rashita covered his mouth making him tighten his grip on her wrist. To this point, Rashita's irritation shot up vis a vis the strength in his grip.

A thud was heard and she jerked her hand away from him. To take a peek of the result, she crawled out when her eyes landed on a sparkling object. Haruto turned the flashlight on and got up to see the guard lying on the floor unconscious. "Is he dead? Did we kill him?", he slightly raised his voice rushing towards him.

Rashita, on the other hand, grabbed the object, precisely two to examine it carefully. Inside it happened, a generation of energy, invisible but strange.

There you were, she sighed at the sight of her ring holding the half broken diamond. And I guess this belongs to him.

"Haruto, is this yours?"Rashita turned towards the latter who was busy checking the man lying unconscious. "Tch, don't look at him that way. He's not dead."

"Who knows you almost gave me an attack", he replied emphasizing on the pronoun 'me'. She rolled her eyes on his useless and meaningless words that were for her.

"He'll wake up within an hour or half. Stay if you want to be expelled." Rashita walked out of the room throwing his chain on him.

What was upcoming next was something they never imagined. In the world of imagination what took place, they were going to face together.

✯✯