𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

At grandpa's house

The hot coffee was poured into the mugs and the warmness surrounded the small room. The carpet spread near the couch, both their legs warming themselves by rubbing onto it softly.

"Your coffee still tastes the same", Haruto and Rashita spoke in unison then glanced each other in surprise. Grandfather gave a sweet smile and took his seat.

"You didn't change at all", he looked at Rashita with rolling memories in his mind. "You look the same as you were at 5."

"So didn't you", she smiled back. Haruto sat quiet trying to understand the situation. "And this idiot too", grandfather laughed at him making him pass a sheepish smile.

"Grandpa, we wanted to visit you because the necklace you gave me created trouble for us", Haruto stated right away grabbing the opportunity.

"That diamond!", he stood shocked, "how is it possible?" Rashita slowly revealed the other part of diamond putting grandfather in utter shock.

"Could you not put it in better way? It was not that he gave you deliberately", she eyed Haruto.

"She passed it to you", the tears welled up in grandfather's eyes. The memories of him and his wife flashed and everything related to the diamond too.

Rashita explained the situation while grandfather listened and to all, he just smiled.

"Destiny...", he murmured causing both the individuals look at him aghast. "What?"

Grandfather had to immediately take his words back, "uh... nothing. Just reminded of the curse that was put on this diamond."

Once again their jaws dropped, "what!"

To the two, who stared at him in utter shock, the grandfather attempted to explain, very well aware that they might not get a word. Still he went on, "this broke into two so the curse wouldn't fall upon our generation. We couldn't..."

The blank look plastered on their faces expectedly evident they understood nothing. He then shifted his position resting his body with the help of cushion.

"There is no particular cure to it. But-", Grandfather stopped in between rising the curiousity of the two. "But?", they asked together again.

"Are you both in relationship though?", he suddenly questioned leaving them stunned.

"W-why would you ask such a question grandpa", Rashita hesitantly replied with nervous laugh while Haruto only shifted his glance from grandfather to Rashita and back.

Grandfather observed their faces silently trying to study something out of it. After quite a few minutes,"The answer it is", he laughed at their confusion.

"Full moon night. At Mapo Bridge", Grandfather kept it short. "Throw this in the water at midnight when moon is shining bright."

"Mapo Bridge? That too at midnight!", Haruto expressed shock at his words. Rashita knew nothing about the place so she kept quiet.

"It is curse my child. To break it needs higher risk." Haruto hesitated for few minutes then agreed.

"Haruto your mother handed me something for you. Come with me", Grandfather got up indicating him to come along him and the boy followed.

In the room, as they reached, grandfather turned to look at the younger. "There is something more to it I want only you to know." Haruto listened to him attentively.

"But promise me you'll not leave her before all this is over. She needs you", grandfather asked for his words to which he agreed immediately without arguing. "I don't plan to. Don't worry."

At canteen
2 o'clock

Janet ate her burger scrolling her phone when someone dragged the chair and took the seat against her.

"Hi! Janet right?", he passed a cheeky smile calling her name. Her eyes moved to take a look at him. "Y-yes", she hesitated, "but how-"

"I'm Junkyu! Remember the guy who helped your friend that day in this canteen?", he reminded her. She formed an 'O' shape remembering him and smiled widely.

They had a good chat with each other while Jeongwoo tried to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"By the way", Junkyu shifted his position a little, "do you have any boyfriend?" His sudden words made her speechless. "Umm, well", she hesitated but replied, "No... I don't. But why did you ask such question?"

Junkyu denied with a laugh, then stealing a glance with Jeongwoo which caught him red handed. "Well, do you have anyone whom you like?", he softly asked again.

"Ee-yes! I do", Janet passed a cheeky smile feeling awkward. "But why are you asking this out of blue?", she laughed at it.

"Oh well I'm just curious lol. He must be lucky to have you", Junkyu smiled, then shifted a bit more into comfortable zone before putting another question. "How about your friend? Is she seeing someone too?", he continued.

Taking it as a way to calm down the curious cat, she answered to his questions. "Not seeing anyone but I'm pretty sure she has feelings for this one person."

They continued chatting with each other while Jeongwoo starred daggers at his hyung. As much as his questions were making him angry, the closeness of them was arising unobtrusive jealousy.