𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

At the Library
Around 7:15 p.m

The lights of library turned halogen colour and the view of night lights of the city were fascinating from the window.

Watching shooting stars in the atmosphere would be-, Janet wondered when she was hit on her head. "Yah!", she yelled at the person disturbing the fellow readers then pursed lips feeling awkward.

"Stop dreaming and study", Jeongwoo laughed at her lost self and handed the cappuccino he had just got from the cafe downstairs.

She glared at him and took the cup without asking. Jeongwoo attempted to stop her but his actions were late to prevent. The liquid had already gone down her throat and the delicious taste pasted a perfect expression on her face.

"Eww", her expression turned into nauseated one and Jeongwoo could only laugh at her.

"That was not cappuccino but my brewed coffee", he told her the complete information then laughed again. The other was burning in anger ready to slit his throat any moment.

"This is why I said stop dreaming", he showed his attractive bunny teeth laughing like a maniac. Looking at his soft side, Janet couldn't control her smile.

I would steal all the happiness for this smile, she thought feeling the ache in her heart. The one she loved was not hers anymore. All she could do now was to admire him from far and hide the pain of loss within her.

Haruto and Rashita joined the two later. For an hour their studies went smooth and then they took a break. "I'll be back in few minutes", Janet got off the moving chair and left the library. 

The trio, meanwhile discussed the related assignment. But the night was going to be unexpectedly long. "Haruto!", the same delicacy in the voice attracted the said boy and in a moment he knew who it was. It was like they longed for each other how he didn't waste a minute to run to her.

The serene beauty and the prince charming, their appearance together was watching the canvas of webtoon come to life. The soft chuckles and hair ruffles, they defined their relation clearly as the intimate one.

"There they go again", both Jeongwoo and Rashita turned their upper body to look at the them being comfortable with each other. But something was off with Rashita. The more natural seemed Jeongwoo's expression, Rashita pretended to look calm. 

Her heart wasn't coordinating with her anymore. She wasn't supposed to have any second thoughts for him but her mind lingered for a minute. Nothing more than soft giggles were audible but she felt the fire inside her. The unusual heat in her stomach.

It's his heart beating not mine, but she still denied any feelings for him. 

While she was lost, Jeongwoo put the stick note on her table and went to the top. The cold breeze touched his skin and the starry night allured his mind. He took a seat on the bench closing his eyes to feel the warmth in the cold breeze.

"Tonight's expected a meteor shower", the gentle female voice entered his ears. He opened his eyes to look at the girl he liked sitting beside him. He took a moment to admire her side profile and the wavery purple hair that sat on her shoulders, some strands kissing her cheeks with pure love. Jeongwoo was mesmerised by her beauty now more than the first encounter.

  "Don't forget to wish something you want dearly", she smiled at him making the eye contact. The eyes that held all the wonders and innocence with equally captivating charisma. But she found an underlying pain which he couldn't express.

"I am but trying my best to achieve what I want dearly. Isn't it considered making my own wish come true already?", Jeongwoo asked ending the eye contact. 

"I hope they come true very soon", unaware of what he wanted, she supported him unconsciously gaining another gentle look.

Meanwhile, Rashita kept looking at the two unintentionally lost in her own thoughts when Haruto's eyes landed at her. He chatted briefly with Sayuri but his subconscious focus was on the girl staring at them. 

Quite some time passed but having no one next to her yet, she started turning her pages of book, her attention still on them. Suddenly a hot breath tickled her right ear and the deep voice sent chills once again, "Jealous much?"

She turned her head an inch away from Haruto. Her heart raced. Again. This time the beats weren't of one but of two. She felt herself diving in the eyes. 

"Feeling pity for her", Rashita scoffed at him immediately breaking the contact and he stood dumbfounded. "It's fate to have me", Haruto dodged her sarcasm self praising at the same time yet it seemed equivalent to the lame joke still laughable for Rashita.

"Fate", she cracked, "more like a natural disaster." Her imagination took a wild turn now which made Haruto a standing joke.

"I wonder what your conversation with your 'would be' sound like."

"Haruto do I look pretty in this gown?", she tuned her voice thinner acting like a bride. Then shifted to the possible deep one, "Oh you don't have to worry much about your beauty. I am here to steal the limelight."

The mono drama was to make fun of him but Haruto found it strangely funny and laughed along her. Out of blue the surrounding took a different track and they were laughing like they had been so close to each other. 

"One mutual emotion to the cursed diamond."