chapter thirteen

{Two Months Later}

Alex and I have been getting along more than anything. We've gotten to know each other a lot better. I love Ella, Hayden, and Hunter dearly. I've also realized that my feelings for Alex have grown stronger. Today is finally December 25th, meaning it's Christmas! Alex's siblings had spent the night, and so did the boys. Also, Alex has two dogs named Loki and Olive.

I woke to Ella jumping on my bed this morning. I was wearing a black crop top tee and buffalo plaid pyjama bottoms. I tiredly sat up while Ella dragged me down the stairs to the living room.

I heard Alex chuckle, "Good morning, sweetheart."

I flopped myself down next to him and snuggled up to him. What? I'm a cuddly person. Plus, Ella woke me up, and I'm not a morning person. I felt Alex wrap his arms around me like he always does.

"Good morning, lovebirds!" Daniel hollered with a grin.

I giggled quietly, "Good morning, Dan." I replied.

Alex clapped his hands, "Okay, Lex, this present is from the boys and me." Alex mentioned for Hunter to open the door. A dog came running in a jumped onto my lap.

I gasped immediately when I saw what breed it was, "It's a corgi."

"You've said you've always wanted a corgi." Alex pointed out. "So, what are you going to name him?"

"Willy!" I blurted out. Alex smiled lightly at me, and I returned his smile. "Thanks, guys! I love him!"

~~~

I was downstairs on the first floor with Ella, Hunter, and Hayden. We were watching the movie: Home Alone. Unfortunately, Nicole came here with her minions. So they were on the second floor in the kitchen.

I told the kids I'd be back because I had to use the bathroom. When I came out, I heard a piercing scream, a crying Ella, and a pissed of Hayden and Hunter. I ran towards Ella and pulled her into a hug. I heard multiple footsteps come down the stairs.

"What the hell is going on?" Alexnder boomed.

"Your stupid friend just slapped me." Nicole acted out, clinging to his arm. "I just came to talk to Ella, and Alexandra slapped me." She was seriously fake crying. It was obvious.

Alex looked at me, "Alexandra, apologize." He demanded with an angry expression.

I looked around the room to see everyone's head down. I can't believe this right now. No one's even on my side. The friends I have.

I picked up my car keys on the table and shoved them in my pocket before pushing past him.

Alexander grabbed my arm, "Alexandra." He warned.

I spun around with tears threatening to come out of my eyes, "What?" I snapped. My heart was stinging with pain right now. "This is the reason why I can never trust you. The truth? Nicole slapped Ella when I was in the bathroom and fucking framed me, and you want to blame me now? For what? For being honest? For loving your siblings as my own? Out of all the people I trusted, it was fucking you." I jabbed my finger in his chest. "Everyone told me you were a cold-hearted asshole, but I proved them wrong because I've seen the real side of you that nobody has ever seen. You're supposed to be better than this. You're not a bad person as everyone says you are. I never did anything to hurt you, but here we are." I yanked my arm out of his grip and stormed out.

Alexander Kingston

I was too shocked to move. This can't be a goodbye, can it? She has to come back home, right?

Things have been tougher since I realized I care for Lexi more than anything. I love the way she wears my clothes. I love the way she puts her hair in a bun and her glasses on to concentrate. I love the way she hugs me. I love the way she smiles when she's happy. I love the way of being able to feel her soft skin against mine. I completely love everything about Alexandra Montgomery. That's when I realized I love Lexi.

Alexandra Montgomery is my only weakness.

I have to pull through with this marriage, though. I need Lexi to stay safe. I can't let her get hurt, so that's why I chose Nicole over her. If Nicole got taken by another gang, then I'd throw a party to celebrate. I can't risk letting Lexiget hurt because of me. Lexi is my little one and my girl.

So, why is my heart still stinging?

Alexandra Montgomery

I can't believe that bastard. The boys have been blowing up my phone for 10 minutes now. I've been ignoring them all. Alex kept blowing up my phone. I was going to answer, but then the light turned green, and out of nowhere, a car from my left crashed into me. My eyes started getting heavy, and I was out.

Alexander Kingston

An unknown number was ringing me, "Hello?"

"Hey dude, it's Vincenzo." Oh, Lexi's brother. "I just wanted to let you know that Lexi is in the hospital in a coma." He sounded like he's been crying. Wait, what? Coma?!

"Coma? What do you mean she's in a coma?!" I screamed at the phone. My friends all looked panicked with each other.

"She had a horrible car accident. A car came out of nowhere and crashed into her. She's at Olympia Medical Center if you want to see her." With that, I hung up the phone and grabbed my car keys.

~~~

I stormed into the hospital, "Alexandra Montgomery. What room is she fucking in?" I snapped impatiently at the woman sitting at the front desk.

"R-room 135."

I made my way up to room 135. I walked into the room and saw Lexi's lifeless body hooked up to a bunch of machines. This is all my fault. Many people had already come by because I realized the flowers, cars, and teddy bears on the desk next to her.

I stroked Lexi's cheek gently, "I'm sorry for hurting you, princess. I only want you to be safe." A huge sigh came out of my mouth.

"She's perfect for you, you know." I looked up and saw my mother. "Lexi's mother contacted me. Sweetie, Lexi can take care of herself. I know you care about her. I see the way you look at her. You look at her like she's the only girl in the world. That's something I thought I'd never see from my supposedly cold-hearted son." I gave my mom a sad smile. "Alex, choosing Lexi will not make you weak; but will make you stronger. Lexi is a fearless, beautiful, and strong girl. She's a feared girl in the underworld. I've seen some amazing things with you, Alexander, but nothing is amazing as team Alex and Lexi."