✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝- 𝟚𝟙 ℚ𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤✨

-𝙱𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊-

Suddenly, the door opened to reveal Tam. He was also in his pajamas, and was clutching a sketchbook, a few pencils, a package of origami paper, some string, and a pair of scissors.

"Tammy?" I sat up. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Biana. I thought about how you always came to the hill every night and thought that maybe you could use some company?" he said, blushing soft pink.

"I was just thinking so seconds ago."

He grinned and walked over to me.

"Oh, and you're probably wondering why I have origami paper." he said, setting his things down on the nightstand. "Well, in Japanese culture, paper cranes mean success and good fortune, and a thousand paper cranes are given to people who are ill to wish for their recovery. So I thought, why not?" (I know it hasn't been confirmed exactly what race Tam is, and tbh, I think it's Korean, but let's assume it's Japanese :)

"Wait, but I only need to wear this cast for 2 weeks. How will you fold a thousand paper cranes in that amount of time?" (You're supposed to wear it for 4-12 weeks, but let's just say that it's 2 :)

Tam smiled. "I'll manage."

What is this fluttering thing I feel in my heart when he smiles?

I ignored it as Tam quickly folded a small crane about the size of my hand. Then, he cut some string off and attached it to the ceiling.

"What's the sketchbook for?"

"Oh, I uh..." Tam rubbed the back of his neck nervously and turned slightly pink. "I have to draw a portrait of someone for one of my Exilium classes, and I was wondering if I could draw you?"

"Of course." I blushed. But then I realized, "Hold on, you go to Exilium?"

Exilium was Foxfire's Summer School, but everyone always told me that it was practically a Survival Camp. Usually, students who had bad grades or misbehaved were sent there. Foxfire students were called Prodigies, but in Exilium, they're called Waywards. At Foxfire, everyone called being sent to Exilium being "banished" because you weren't allowed to leave for the entire 2 months. But from what I've heard, someone started a revolution and things aren't like that anymore.

"Umm, yeah. It's not like I was banished because of my grades or behavior or anything. I just chose to go with Linh when she was banished."

"Linh was banished?"

"Yeah. She flooded the cafeteria.

"That was Linh?!"

EVERYONE in Foxfire knew the story about The Girl of Cafeteria Floods. I was a Freshman when it happened. I was in the cafeteria, and suddenly there was a huge splash of water that soaked everyone. It wasn't actually a flood, but that's what everyone called it.

I barely knew Linh, but she seemed super nice and sweet.

"Yup. Wait, do you go to Foxfire?"

"Umm yeah." that was when I realized that even though Tam and I had grown extremely close over the last few days, I still didn't know that much about him.

"21 questions?" I asked.

"Sure." Tammy replied with another smile.

"Let's see... How old are you?"

"Sixteen. Hmm... favorite color?"

"Purple. Favorite game?"

And so on it went, and by the 19th question, we were both laying down on the huge cot, string at the ceiling.