Chapter 116: Detriment II

"Sit here mom. Let me take care of the bills so we can go" Seul helped her mother to sit down in the waiting area before she went to the counter to settle the hospital bills. Mrs Hwang rested her back against the seat, wincing softly due to the pain from earlier therapy session.

It was her routine to visit the hospital at least twice a week, but it didn't make it easier for her to handle the pain. Each day the pain from the session was unbearable for her weak body to comprehend. Seeing how her children stayed by her side throughout the session, at least it gave her the strength to endure it a bit.

"Hwang Jihyun" as she heard her name being summoned, Mrs Hwang looked up searching for the voice. "Hwang Jihyun, am I right?" her eyes scrutinized the familiar face with uneasy heart.

She looked directly at him, frozen in shock and disbelief "I am right. It is you. Nice to see you again Jihyun" her eyes were wide opened in recognition. Mrs Hwang remained silent in her seat as she scanned the hallway to find any sign of Seul coming.

There's no way she would let Seul meet him. He's as wicked as Lee Wonsuk.

"I am sorry, you got the wrong person" she stood up hoping to escape from this heavy atmosphere. She couldn't risk being seen with him by Seul. Not like this.

"I get the exact person that I am looking for, it is about time"

"W-hat" she responded, feeling a panicky jump in her stomach. She moved her arms from his grip, taking few steps back until she was sure there were a huge gap between them. His clothing was dishevelled, and this image petrified her. What if he was drunk as hell and did something extraordinary?

"I don't know you are that scared of me. Good" he marked followed by his disgusting smile.

"What do you want? We don't have anything to talk about" Mrs Hwang gave him a cold shoulder not letting his presence destroyed the wall that she built all these years.

"Really? So, let's talk about your daughter or more accurately, our daughter"

Her breath hitched "She is not your daughter, do not claim her as yours. You are not his father" scowling in anger, she gathered her strength to fight this evil man without backing away. She wouldn't let anyone take Seul away from her, not to the man who destroyed her life years ago.

"Persistent. I heard it from Wonsuk. You really hate the idea of having me or Wonsuk as your daughter's father, aren't you? Well, we can't do anything about that" he smirked.

"She is my daughter, I will hold onto the fact that she is my husband's daughter. Now, please excuse me, this talk is over" she was about as his presence was suffocating her.

He grabbed her arms once again this time tighter to keep her still "If she is your ex-husband's daughter, he would not sell her off to me just to be free from his own mistake" she snapped.

"Wha-t? What the hell are you saying now?"

"Surprise? Oh, I bet he forgot to mention that he sealed a deal with me. Too bad, that nephew of mine, hurm.. that stupid rascal helped your daughter to escape. He even helped your family to hide. In all honesty, it was beautiful. I should have get rid of him" his face darkened recalling the awful memories which made him lose his mind over their disappearance.

She gasped and did a double take, to reconfirm whether what she heard a minute ago was the truth. Staring in horror and confusion, the older woman clutched onto her chest feeling the pang of guilt "Son of a bitch! Look, what have you done to her?! You, dirty old man!" her angry voice echoing across the hall.

He laughed half-heartedly "When I took her in I had no idea that she could be my daughter until, I discovered the truth about your marriage. If and only I found out about it sooner, she could be useful now for my business. Again, that idiot rascal. I can't do anything to him now, since he is a renowned celebrity. Just too bad" the heartless hissed.

"Don't you ever dare do anything to him. Stay away from my family and Hyunbin, or I will expose you"

"Touche. I can feel the special bond that you have with him. That is beautiful. I assume that you are still in contact with him. That ungrateful bastard..Hurm..I won't touch him if you agree to return Seul to me" he proposed.

"NO! DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO INVOLVE SEUL IN THIS. Like I said, she is not your daughter, stop drawing your own conclusion" Mrs Hwang was clearly angered by his rude proposition. There's no way she would give in this time.

"I am not convinced that she isn't mine. Why do I feel like you are hiding something from me? Do you think she is Wonsuk's? That asshole, he was not doing it properly and was a real mess that night. What makes you think that the child is his?"

Her mind froze momentarily, it numbed her system. That night was hazy even for her to recall the memories back, she couldn't actually get the clear idea what happened to her. She was unconscious whole night only to see herself without any clothes the next morning.

Frustrated, she looked at him in the eyes "Whatever happen that night, it will stay that way. I will not let you ruin my family after what you've done to me. Seul, Ji Seul, she will only be my daughter not yours, not Wonsuk, not even my husband. I gave birth to her and I raised her with love. Do not come near to my family or Hyunbin. I will ruin you, I swear" she warned sternly with a hint of disgust and resentment towards the man.

"Mom.." her eyes searched for Seul's voice and it broke her heart to see the girl whom already had tears staining her rosy cheeks, standing stiffly not far from them looking confused as ever.

"Seul-ah..." she dragged her pained body to her daughter, holding the girl by arms with a worried look. "Is it true? That.. he is my father.. The man who bought me from dad?" she was shaking uncontrollably, whilst bellowing the resentment in her.

Mr Kwon looked at their way watching how the drama unfold in front of him. He never cared of Seul's wellbeing. Her existence was insignificant to him until he realized the benefits she could get from his alleged daughter if he kept her by his side.

"No. He is not, don't let him fool you. I won't acknowledge his existence" she said in between her tears, holding onto her daughter's hand tight.

"He is the other man, right? The one who assaulted you.. I cant believe this..." she wasn't only losing her words when she heard the news but as well as her mind. This whole situation was so fucked up. She had a long history with this old man who supposed to be his biological father, and she couldn't fathom why he had to be her father out of all the men in this world.

Seul loathed him to death. The thing that he did to her was unforgiveable, let alone admitting him as her father, it was inadmissible.

They shared the same blood. His blood run in hers.

This screwed up big time.

"Seul he is no-" "I..will book a ride for you. I need to go" disgusted by the news, she tore her gaze from the man.

"My dear, please..let me explain"

"Mom I will not do anything stupid. I promise but give me time to process this" Seul sighed heavily, embracing her mother briefly leaving the two adults alone in the empty hallway. Just few days ago, she learnt about her mother past and it already pained her, however this time this revelation stabbed her deeper than before.

Yoongi, I need you. Seul walked aimlessly along the street finding the right path to find Yoongi though she knew it was impossible knowing they were having their live broadcast performance today.

Her jaw clenched tightly, as she continued her walk to wherever her legs brought her.