Silent Disarray

Your body jolted into a sprint, following the trail of ashes that appeared in the sky. Your eyes stung and filled with tears from the smoke that grew thicker. The snow crunched beneath your shoes but you couldn't hear a thing. Your ears were ringing from the blast of noise, interrupting any glimmer of composure that you tried to muster together.

With each step you tried to brace yourself for the worst.

But your preparations were in vain as your eyes processed the unfolding situation. Worse than the worst.

The hospital aflame. Complete Chaos.

A stampede of people frantically rushed out of the hospital doors, and few fleeing from lower level windows. A collective panic filled with screams and cries. But you couldn't hear anything. Your knees buckled under your weight and you collapsed onto the pavement.

Only then did you notice the amount of shattered glass surrounding the building, mixed with black pellets of some sort.

Bullets?

You looked up to see the dancing flames envelop the building, knowing that there was no way your mother had escaped in such a short span of time.

You brought your palms up to your teary eyes and covered them, taking in a deep breath to calm yourself, only for your lungs to be welcomed by more smoke. It was incomprehensible how quickly things had changed.

You knew that things would never be the same.

——————————————————

Author's Note: sorry for the short chapter! Initially I was hoping to add more but I felt like too much detail here would be a bit too dark. & starting up another theme/scenario wouldn't fit well.

On a side note- as a disclaimer, there may contain spoilers as I continue to write, so please keep that in mind. There will also be themes of death & violence (which is expected from the chainsawman vibe but I'll warn you again here anyways). & lastly there will likely be sexual themes (I'm still a bit unsure though so let me know!)

Please let me know what you think & the type of vibes you're hoping for, thanks for reading!