Bitter

Kurose moved his hand from your cheek to the back of your head, his fingers getting tangled in your hair as he deepened the kiss.

You placed your hand on his chest while the other hovered over his scar.

You couldn't remember the last time you'd been embraced. Being on your own for a while, you accepted your loneliness and focused on building a career for yourself, distancing yourself from almost everyone around you.

Kurose had been so sweet and helpful since you met him, it felt nice to be cared for by someone else. You never knew how good it felt to be so close to someone.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer, he snaked his arms around your waist and basically pulled you onto him.

"Oi dummy-" you heard your front door swing open.

You abruptly pulled away from Kurose to see Aki standing with a few grocery bags in hand.

Your eyes widened and you glanced back to Kurose who calmly let go of you. You dropped your arms to your side and awkwardly shuffled yourself away from him

"Damn" Kurose whispered with a smile, pushing his hair back "I should be selfish more often" he said under his breath. He stood up and looked at Aki, who had no facial expression. "I should get going" he said sliding past Aki to get to the door

"O-oh wait! Let me give back your clothes" you said, pushing yourself up and wobbling towards your room

"Don't worry about it, i'll just pick them up another time" Kurose said as he walked out of your apartment, waving with the back of his hand, he pulled the door shut.

You slowly turned to Aki "H-hey there"

Aki quietly placed the grocery bags on your kitchen counter, his face completely neutral.

Please don't talk about it, please don't talk about it

"You can't be serious"

Ah, here we go. "W-what are you talking about?"

"Kurose? You're sticking your tongue down his throat?" He said, unimpressed

"I don't see what the issue is? He's been extremely helpful and kind to me. He saved me and even took care of me after that devil attacked" You said, now standing on the other side of the kitchen counter

"So what? You don't owe him anything. He saves you once and all of a sudden you think he's all that. That's his job."

"I'm not doing this because I owe him, I know I don't owe him anything. Did it ever occur to you that I may like him? I know his job is to protect people but he even brought me to his home to treat my wounds and made sure I was doing ok all night. I can't believe you're being so negative, isn't he supposed to be your friend? Aren't you supposed to be my friend? Why are you being so bitter?"

Aki looked at you dead in the eyes and started laughing

"Y/n you're joking right?"

You stayed silent, confused by his reaction.

"Think about it. Don't you find it strange that he brought you to his home instead of taking you to the hospital immediately after the attack?"

"What are you trying to say? That he was trying to take advantage of me?"

Aki became serious again. "No, that's not what I'm saying"

"Well what is it then?"

"What did the doctor say about your results?"