PROLOGUE . 結婚の約束

❝ 結婚の約束 ❞
the promise of marriage

❝ 結婚の約束 ❞the promise of marriage

HONEYED SUNLIGHT PEEKED through the silk curtains that were draped by the windowsill

HONEYED SUNLIGHT PEEKED through the silk curtains that were draped by the windowsill. The sounds of shuffling and shifting of cotton blankets and covers reverberated off the stone brick walls. An early morning yawn escaped your lips as honey-colored sunbeams danced across the lavishly furnished room. As per Fontaine aesthetics and architecture , the bedroom in which you resided in is ornately designed in gold, bronze, and copper. Priceless art pieces encased in intricately designed golden frames were hung against the walls. Ivory-colored stone bricks lined each wall, creating a sturdy foundation. Tall, rectangular windows allowed sunlight to cascade  through the thick glass panes. Silk curtains dipped in violet dye hung over them, the draping allowed light to pass through. Beside the window, a white tea table and chairs stood in the center of the room, basking in the sunlight with a light breakfast prepared atop.

With eyelashes fluttering open, you were welcomed by the sight of sunlight. Groggily, you turned aside to hide from the light. Another yawn escaped you as you shoved the cotton duvet aside. Eyes turned to the reflective mirror that sat in the corner of your room, your eyes fixed on the silk nightwear weighed upon your body. Your eyes flickered at the food laid out, glancing over the meal prepared. You rose from the bed languidly, walking barefooted to the table where breakfast is laid out for you; butter bread, jam, and a plate of various aged cheeses. Though simple, you know that the cultivation of such items are likely from the high quality produced in Fontaine. A pot of freshly brewed tea sat beside your breakfast with a cup and saucer placed on the table. Floral designs were engraved into the silverware that was placed on each side of the plate with gold lining the brim. The plates were clean, immaculate and pristine. Everything was flawless, and exemplary— as it should be.

Nothing short of perfection is what your life has been like since your adoption into the (l/n) family up to now. You live as the most available bachelorette there is in Teyvat with wealth and status synonymous with your name. As the heiress to the greatest trading company in Teyvat, you possess status, wealth, and have the keys to future ownership of a multi-billion mora company— all of which was toppled by the fact that you are very young and single.