CHAPTER FIFTEEN . 許しは甘い

❝ 許しは甘い ❞
forgiveness is sweet

❝ 許しは甘い ❞forgiveness is sweet

LIYUE HARBOR WELCOMED you home with grand festivities and triumphant

LIYUE HARBOR WELCOMED you home with grand festivities and triumphant. It was expected, of course. Liyue is home to Teyvat's Beloved and the people absolutely adore you— in spite of your engagement to Scaramouche. The warm reception you received upon landing foot in Liyue was a nice change from the unfeeling stares you got in Snezhnaya.

Though, to your surprise, you heard one or two less than joyous greetings mixed upon the shouting crowd.

"Go back to Snezhnaya, traitor!"

"How could you marry a Fatui?!"

The entirety of Teyvat had been shocked by your decision to marry Scaramouche. You recalled the mixed (leaning more towards the positive) reception you got from the citizens of Liyue when you had formally announced your engagement to the Fatui Harbinger— it never imposed you in any manner at the time but with recent developments, you grew more defensive towards the comments made.

Liyue is your home, it will always be your home. Even if you run away to Fontaine or Snezhnaya, it will always be the place of your childhood.

Since your adoptive father's death, you have tried embracing a new appreciation for the nation you grew up in. It was difficult to adjust, difficult to confront the terrors of your childhood once more but you had to in order to take on the new role of director. You had to step into the shoes of the man you despised more than anything in the world but for your company, you would do anything.

Snezhnaya isn't a proper home, at least, not yet anyway. Regardless, you were going to be married to a Fatui Harbinger which meant Snezhnaya will eventually become a second home to you. Had the recent developments with Scaramouche not have gone so poorly, maybe you would've liked it there. The land of frozen winds reminded you too much of him and so you casted it aside.

How fitting the people of Liyue now desire to cast you out as well.

Upon returning to the family manor, Wenling greeted you with a curtsy and a warm smile, one that you terribly missed while you stayed in Snezhnaya. She embraced you tight, holding you with full affection as she pulled away to examine your body.