8 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯

Chancellor Palpatine stepped outside of his transport on Coruscant, having enjoyed the celebrations of his people as Senator Black walked beside him. They walked and Chancellor Palpatine got many congratulations on the way, they made their way to his new office when Thea decided to break the silence.

"Congratulations on your election Supreme Chancellor," she said the last words in a serious voice.

Chancellor Palpatine chuckled at her words but thanked her nonetheless, inquiring,

"Who did you vote for? May I ask?"

"You may. I voted for you, for a couple reasons. You are my mentor, my friend and most importantly my family, I wouldn't be where I was without you today and I thought you deserved the promotion. Second, you have always spoken your mind in the Senate, even if the words could be rude and blunt, you aren't afraid of the threats some Senators send your way. Lastly, you are strong-willed, I think you will be able to bring peace and prosperity to the Republic and serve its people through good and bad. You are the right person for this job." Thea Black answered honestly.

Palpatine smiled at her kind words as he looked outside his window, observing the space transports. "I also heard you were quite the hero." he chuckled

"I was hardly a hero, the Queen needed to hear something so I told her. All her actions were her own, she truly is in deserve of her title," she answered humbly.

"The Jedi council did not tell me much about the Sith they encountered. Could you tell me?" he inquired carefully, knowing her delicate past with such force wielders.

"He had a double-bladed lightsaber, red, the same color as - as you know what. He felt like fear but I did not see much of him, he was well trained, that much I do know," she answered hesitantly.

Palpatine looked at the girl in sympathy,

"I apologize, my dear, I did not mean to bring up such a grim memory," he told her.

"It's alright, it's the way of all things, that they must die. We cannot control life or death, it is infinite and finite. Goodnight Chancellor." she told him as she walked away and towards her quarters.

Palpatine watched the girl leave with an unreadable expression of thought, happiness, and sympathy as he returned his gaze to the space transports.

«»

Thea Black was escorted by her guards to her quarters on Coruscant only to find Master Yoda at her door. She excused the guards to leave as he joined her in her apartment.

"Grave news I bring you," he told her grimly.

"What's the matter? Is everything alright?" she asked nervously.

"Dooku perished in a fight on an outer rim planet, come back. He did not," he told the girl.

Thea stared at Master Yoda in disbelief.

"Perished? You mean died? No. No. Dooku isn't dead, he can't die. He can protect himself. You're lying." she spat out the words faster than one could comprehend.

"Sorry for your loss, I am. Knew how much of family to you, he was." Master Yoda muttered sadly.

Thea watched Master Yoda exit and close her door before her knees buckled and she collapsed on the ground. Silent sobs escaping her mouth and violent tears rolling down her cheeks. Trying to remember the last thing she said to him, the last time she had seen him, spent time with him. She had already lost so much, what more could the galaxy possibly take away from her. Her sobs echoed through her quarters as she numbed herself to sleep, feeling the constant feeling of loss dragging her down. Her sobs quieted down as she fell asleep, her pillow damp with tears, and the highlight of the moon and stars in the reflection of the tear trails on her face.