13 - 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵

𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵

Slave 1 jumped out of hyperspace and into the space surrounding a red and orange planet with its own asteroid belt. Obi-Wan's ship jumped out after him and disengaged his ship from the hyperspace ring. Flying into the asteroid belt, Fett releases a seismic charge, detonating and destroying all the asteroids on its level while Obi-Wan's ship swerved under the charge. Releasing another seismic charge, the charge hits a large asteroid, almost knocking Obi-Wan's ship off course.

Having enough, Fett flies into one of the tunnels of an asteroid while Obi-Wan chases after him. Flying above and behind another asteroid, Fett hides until Obi-Wan flies out of the asteroid and starts firing on their fighter. In pursuit, the wing of Obi-Wan's ship is hit while Fett launches rockets that trailed Obi-Wan while he tries to escape them. Releasing the spare part canisters, the rockets hit them which allows Obi-Wan and Thea to be presumed dead while hiding and powering down on another asteroid, allowing Fett to pass and fly their way to the ground of the red planet.

Deciding that they waited long enough, Obi-Wan power's the ship back up and follows Fett's route to the ground of the planet.

"There's an unusual concentration of Federation ships over there Thea," he tells her.

"I see it, what are they doing here?" Thea asks in retort.

"Nothing good," Obi-Wan answered

Obi-Wan landed the ship by a cliff and helped Thea out of it. Obi-Wan observed the damage done to the ship while Thea scoped the layout of the planet and searched for any signs of life.

"The valley seems to be quiet," she informed him.

"Follow me," he instructed her.

They climbed and walked until they reached an entrance into one of the catacombs of the planet. They quietly sneaked through the catacomb and into the main structure and heard machine clanging. Obi-Wan frowned while Thea quietly asked

"How many of these droid factories do you think they have?"

"Enough not to stick around, come on," he whispered back.

They followed a staircase downwards until they heard voices talking.

"We must persuade the Commerce Guild and the Corporate Alliance to sign the treaty." the deep voice of the man sent shivers down Thea's spine and caused her to freeze beside Obi-Wan.

"What about the Senator's from Naboo and Calésté, are they dead yet?" Nute Gunray asked.

Thea watched as Dooku walked confidently in front of his followers with black cloths and a red cape tied around his neck with a gold chain, tears filling her eyes at the memories.

"I am not signing your treaty until I have their heads on my desk." Nute Gunray continued.

"I am a man of my word, Viceroy," Dooku said in his deep voice while Thea blinked her tears away. Obi-Wan dragged her back into the staircase away from sight.

"With these new battle droids we've built for you, you'll have the finest army in the galaxy." Wat Tambor assured the Count.

Obi-Wan and Thea ran up another staircase to watch from above, the negotiations happening between the Confederacy representatives.

"As I explained to you earlier, I am quite convinced that 10,000 more systems will rally to our cause with your support, gentlemen," Dooku promised his council while Obi-Wan looked at Thea in confirmation while she merely shrugged her shoulders.