134

We're catching up to where I'm prewriting. From now on, there will be two updates a week so I don't get caught up with and burn out.

Jimin was at the door when Yoongi came back to the cabin, holding the box and rattle in his hands behind his back.

The alpha had a smile on his face when he saw his intended there and gave him a soft kiss in greeting.

"Will this happen more often?"

"Maybe," Jimin smiled, shifting his weight as Yoongi took his boots off.

The older glanced at Jimin's hidden hands and back up to his eyes.

"Are you going to show me or am I going to guess?"

"You can. But I don't think you'll get it."

Yoongi chuckled but nodded. "So?"

"So I didn't know your birthday already happened," Jimin started with a wince.

"That's okay. I don't really celebrate it since it's during the hunt."

"But still. It's your birthday and I'm going to be your mate." Jimin whined but saw how Yoongi's eyes seemed to melt. "I went to Hoseok to ask what you liked and he told me to go to Chaein, so I went to him and he showed me a chest of your things he still has. And... I found these..."

Now, Jimin pulled out the box and toy.

He watched as Yoongi's face slowly slipped into recognition and then into shock, his hands moving to hover around Jimin's like he was almost afraid to touch them.

"Chaein told me the rattle was your sister's."

Yoongi nodded. "She was... She was still a little pup when it happened..."

The omega looked down at the box and rattle.

"Chaein taught me how to play. But I still don't know if I can play it well."

When he looked back up, he froze to see glass forming in Yoongi's eyes.

"Jimin... I—"

Jimin hardly saw Yoongi cry before then and the urge to hug him was strong, so he did so.

With the box in one hand and the rattle in the other, Jimin held his intended's face to his neck and held his body close. The alpha wrapped his arms around his waist tightly and cried between kisses to the omega's skin.

"I love you so much," Yoongi sniffled, pulling away after a while and taking both items into his hands. "I thought I lost this... You don't know how devastated I was..."

Jimin smiled and smoothed back Yoongi's hair.

"It's here now. You have it back."

"I love you."

"I love you too," Jimin grinned, kissing his intended on the lips. "Why don't you play a bit with me?"