150

Yoongi had fed Jimin in bed, crawled in next to him and let out comforting pheromones, cuddled him and read to him. Jimin had cried his lungs out when the omegas had left, crumbling under realization. Yoongi did all he could to keep him from making himself sick from crying.

At last, Jimin had fallen asleep on his chest, eyes red-rimmed and hurting and oh, so exhausted.

Even then, Yoongi continued reading the myths in the book Chaein gave them. The idea of fated mates had helped calm Jimin and the more Yoongi read, the more willing he was to accept they just might be. With the healing embraces, Jimin's vision, the bond forming, and other coincidences, it was hard to believe it was normal.

What Yoongi was confused about was why he wasn't as effected by it. He hadn't gotten a vision and wasn't as impacted by separation as Jimin was.

He ran his fingers through Jimin's hair and gently wiped under a swollen eye with a sad look.

"You never have the think about it again," he whispered, kissing his hairline. "I'll save you from any of those memories."
———————————————

The moment Jimin looked at him when he woke up, Yoongi knew he was locking himself up again.

He smiled, but it wasn't like his bright beams. It was faint and his eyes were hollow. His hands were shaking and he wouldn't meet Yoongi's gaze.

"You know you don't have to act like this, hm?"

"Like what?"

"It's more than okay to cry about what happened."

Jimin looked at his hands in his lap. He hadn't tried getting out of bed yet.

"I've cried enough."

"Don't keep yourself from letting it out. I'd rather you do it when you're comfortable and on your own terms than breaking at the worst time."

Jimin glanced back up, but only to Yoongi's collar bone. The shallow smile was gone and he looked more like a wilted plant than anything.

"I want to forget it all. It hurts to be reminded and to think about. I just want to live my new life here fresh and clean but I'm always reminded and taken back."

Jimin sniffled, Yoongi covering his hands and rubbing them gently together.

"I haven't even started on accepting Doo-young's death," he mumbled. "How could someone even think of doing that?"

Yoongi didn't know what he meant exactly; accepting how your child died only weeks after they were born or leaving your own child to the elements. He didn't really want to ask.

"It'll take time, but I'll be here during the hard times and be there when you can live without looking back."

Jimin's eyes welled. "You're too good to me."

"Why wouldn't I be good to you? I love you," Yoongi smiled, raising Jimin's hands to kiss his fingers. Jimin shifted closer and Yoongi let go only to wrap up his body in his arms. "I love you. I'm so proud of you, even if you feel like you don't deserve it."

Jimin cried into his neck again that night.