36

Ah yes. Banyoo. What great fun did he bring!

Was what Jimin would have said if he wasn't stuck in the rafters of a barn with Banyoo holding the ladder away.

"I'm giving you so many chances to say yes," the alpha snarled. Jimin could cry.

"I never will say yes! Just give me the ladder, please!"

Why did they have to be the only ones there? Where were the other farmers?

"Not until you agree to be my intended."

"I do not agree! I never will! Just please let me down! Even if I was on the fence about it, this is not helping!"

"I will let you down when you agree."

"I will not be your intended nor your mate! Please let me down!"

The alpha snarled again and threw the ladder to the side, a sense of doom creeping over Jimin at the sight of the ladder on the ground several meters below him. He clung onto the rafter tighter as Banyoo stormed out, the omega knowing Banyoo wouldn't tell anyone he was stuck.

He shouted for anyone close enough to hear. No one came. He watched the light on the grass just outside the open barn door gradually start to darken. Sundown. Most of the farmers must have left already.

His throat was ripped raw from shouting for what felt like hours. Crickets picked up outside and tears blurred his vision. No one would stay this late.

Why did he help Banyoo? He needed a basket in the rafters, but Jimin didn't see any, so he climbed the ladder and onto a rafter to look. No landing for baskets, and no baskets. Just as he went to come down, the ladder was moved away.

Jimin's feet dangled on either side of the rafter, his arms hugged around the wood. If he fell asleep, he would fall and severely hurt himself. If he fell on his head, he could die.

His stomach growled. It must have been dinner time by now. The meal hall would close at eleven.

Why did Namkwon match him with Banyoo? Now the alpha wouldn't leave him alone even after saying no to him. Why couldn't he choose someone like Hoseok or Yoongi?

Yoongi...

Why was he upset with Jimin? It wasn't proper to sleep in the same bed with someone you didn't know well. If anything, that would've been an invitation to get to know each other more.

Jimin had slept easier with Yoongi. Now he couldn't sleep at all and his quarters weren't a warm cabin that smelled like sandalwood and lavender, there wasn't a kind and patient alpha sleeping by him. His days had gone bland after leaving Yoongi's cabin and they just became colorless with the alpha avoiding him.

His tears spilled from his eyes.

Yoongi hadn't pressed when Jimin had his nightmare. Just made sure he felt safe and comfortable. The alpha knew nothing about him and yet opened both his home and up to him about his past.

Jimin jolted at hearing the barn door move.

"HELP ME!" He screamed.

The door stopped then began to open again, someone rushing inside.

"I'm up here, just please!"

The man lifted his head and fuck, his scarred eye widened and Yoongi rushed to pick up the ladder.