3

Jimin had watched the alpha's choosing and felt nothing short of elated for his cousin. The Kim alpha was intimidating at first but clearly friendly at his grin causing wrinkles to bunch up at his eyes and dimples to cave into his cheeks.

The two sons looked nothing like the pack alpha nor each other, which was confusing to him. One was bubbly and chatted with Jungkook quietly, getting to know each other, while the other watched the omega's choosing. A long, red scar ran over his eye, pale skin and thin lips and sharp eyes and even more intimidating than the pack alpha. He was broader than the other alpha but shorter, around Jimin's height, and his arms were crossed, giving a guarded expression as he watched.

Jimin felt a chill run down his spine when they made eye contact. He quickly looked away.

The omega choosing ran similar to the alpha choosing, where the pack alpha questioned each omega about their work, if they were mated, being courted, or pregnant although mating season was in the spring and that was when male omegas were the most fertile. If any of them were pregnant, it would be seen.

Jimin's voice had a small shake when he was questioned, and the alpha continued to ask the other omegas.

Yoongi knew who he was going to choose. Shape and strength was a helpful component in the omega choosing. Seeing as omegas were the ones who would carry a pup, they had to be healthy with strong legs and wider hips.

The omega who introduced himself as Jimin had the thicker legs and rear, the healthy tan from work, and not to mention, he was one of the youngest in the group at one-and-twenty years.

And as Yoongi thought, Namkwon chose Jimin.

He saw the tears well up in the omega's eyes and the grateful smile spread over his face. He also saw the Park-Jeon alphas' eyes narrow.

Jimin was hugged by Jungkook when he came to stand with the three, softly crying.

"Please stay the night and start your trip in the morning. It will be dark before too long," the Park-Jeon pack alpha offered. Jimin locked up in Jungkook's hold. Namkwon saw that and the several angry eyes of Park-Jeon alphas trained towards the omega.

"I do not believe that is a good idea. I need to get back to my pack as soon as possible. My mate is capable but my son is out of reach. I need to return soon to protect my pack."

"I see," the other alpha responded flatly. He wasn't pleased by the answer. "Then let us at least serve you the last meal before you return."

Yoongi glanced at the two chosen. Jimin was holding onto Jungkook's furs tightly, clearly wanting to leave as soon as possible.

"We have more than enough food, but thank you for your hospitality. We shall see each other again at the solstice."

The pack alpha frowned but nodded, giving a polite bow to Namkwon, which Namkwon returned.

They were led back to the entrance, where Jimin and Jungkook said their goodbyes to their families and the children. Jimin couldn't bear to look at that spot.

And then they were off.