26

"Sirius is epic"

Lily's POV

I almost had a heart attack when the door to our room opened and Jocelyn walked in. She hadn't been in here in three months, at least not while I was there. I imagined she'd come to get clothes and things at one point or another, but she'd practically been living in the Room of Requirements. It was Friday morning. James tensed next to me in bed when he saw her.

I watched her as she walked over to her trunk and started pulling out some clothes. A pair of jeans, her running shoes, some more running gear, and her black cloak. She bundled it all together in a backpack and swung it over her shoulder. She headed to the door and was about to leave when she turned to look at me.

"Alice would be happy for you. I know she would," then, she looked at James who was now gaping like she had turned green, and said "Take care of her. You have no idea how fucking lucky you are"

She was gone before we could say anything.

"What the hell was that?" James asked me.

"I... I don't know. It's the first time she speaks to me in two weeks after she told me we were done," I said.

"Why now? It was very nice what she said" I nodded, James was right. It was almost like...

"James, I have a very, very bad feeling," I said.

"Like what?"

"Like Jocelyn is about to do something stupid or dangerous. Possibly stupid and dangerous" I scrambled out of bed and he followed me.

"What do you mean?"

"That sounded strangely like she was saying goodbye," I told him, putting my clothes on quickly.

"Are you sure?"

"I just have a horrible feeling, James. Trust me, please"

We ran to the boys' dormitory. I had to levitate James to our room when there was a risk someone might see him transform, but going down the stairs was much easier. We could just slide to the common room, which saved time. We barged into the boys' room, rudely awakening Sirius, Peter, and Remus.

"What's up? What time is it?" Remus asked from his bed.

"Are we late for class?" Sirius mumbled sleepily from under his covers.

"The map! Where is the map?" the feeling of foreboding in my gut grew stronger by the minute.

"What?" Peter yawned.

"The map! Padfoot, where is the map?" James asked him.

"Ah, I think..." he put a hand down to the side of the bed and moved around a pile of clothes. "Here" Sirius tossed it over to me. James caught it. Chaser reflexes, I guess.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," he said. We looked at it, trying to locate Jo.

"Not in Slytherin... Ah, there she is... what is she doing in Dumbledore's office?" James asked.

"Who?"

"Jo" at that, Sirius sprang out of bed and joined us. We watched as McGonagall joined them in the office and then they were gone.

"Merlin's beard! How is that even possible? One can't apparate in and out of Hogwarts" I said.

"What is going on?" now Remus and Peter were also curious.