23

Tatum Hayes

The party was slowly coming to and end, and my dad and his wife looked stunning, happy, cheerful during the ceremony. I resisted the urge to jump up and down when they kissed in front of everyone as a married couple. Wiping my eyes, I stood there happily.

If I had learnt anything, was the fact that you can't deny love. As a pursuer of love, I ran past so many chances before, but then I understood that the right path was with one foot before the other on the cracks. After all, I had a one true love waiting for me at the end of the line. After all, Rome was built on ruins. 

Dusk and light were dropping to the horizon as I wiped my face, smudging the concealer as much as I could. I almost didn't notice the figure coming closer from the corner of the room.

"You couldn't just go and wipe off that make up, could you? You look so beautiful with that bare face" she smiled 

"You are way too nice" I complied, letting my hair loose and dragging my hands through it, wrinkling my nose. She had been staring the whole time. 

"You stopped dancing, then?" I asked "was my dad too hyped up?"

"Oh my" Dakota laughed, glaring at me "I am just tired, it's my existence. But I'm up for a late drink, I guess that wont cost my soul" she stated, blowing her hair from her face. 

Giving a sharp nod of approval, we started making our way to the bar as we hummed along the music. The bartender pushed the drinks gently towards us, as I glared at the pastries on a half-full plate that I had to put aside.

"Kotes?"

"Mhm?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend again?" 

She laughed lightly, sliding her hand into my hand and crashing her lips into mine. 

"You are the reason for my luck in this life, I swear" she said kissing my hand, holding it as if it was the most precious thing "Sure. Even if it's the last good thing that can happen to me, I would love you be your girlfriend, Tatum Hayes"

"Are you sure you don't need more time?" I checked

"It's been an effort of almost a lifetime for us to be back together. How much longer would I want to wait?" She laughed, kissing me again.

"Great" I smiled "And by the way, what we said the other night about what happened between us, I honestly have this thought that it hadn't been supposed to be in any other way"

She nodded once "Well, yes. Now you seem like a really decent person and I can't see any reason to dislike you now, or whatever" she smirked

"Stop!" I cried, glaring at her "I might talk too much, but you are way too unfair" 

She grinned, a flicker of darkness in her eyes that made me immediately stare at her lips.

"Sorry" she paused "sensitive subject. I promise that I won't do that anymore. One of my few new talents in life is to stay in my place, and I have to practice" she smirked "but it kind of turns me on to see you hesitating"

She touched my lower back delicately, sending shivers down my spine and the whole electric lights of the city below us seemed to go darker, altogether too pleasing. She had raised her brows in an inviting way, leaning forward so she could whisper in my year, "why don't we get the hell out of here?"

It had just so happened that a pair of eyes found mine before I could say whatever. So, when the figure of the subject met us, we were both clearly let down.