Part eighteen.

As time went on my relationship with Dave grew stronger.

Today we were heading to the doctors office to find out the gender of our baby. We were both extremely excited to do so. Dave was hoping for a girl while I was hoping for a little boy.

Dave said he wasn't ready for another him just yet.

I wobbled to the car all while he held onto my hand, having a balance while pregnant was almost impossible.

"Here pose for me baby." Dave instructed me before we exited the elevator.

Finally making it to the car Dave opened the door for me and assisted me getting in

"You good babe?" Dave asked me while I got into the passenger seat.

"Yes babe." I replied.

Before we drove to the doctors office we stopped at Starbucks to grab my favorite drink, a caramel frappe with extra caramel drizzle along with a chocolate chip cookie.

"Thanks." He said to the barista as she handed us our order.

It was nice to have Dave around during my pregnancy. He's become such a big help every since my release after my accident.

Even though he still had his home in New York he made it his duty to care for me here in Atlanta.

"So I think we should decide on where we want to raise the baby." I added while stuffing my face.

"Well all the help we need is back home in New York." Dave added.

"Like who?" I asked confused.

"My mom, my sister and your people's." Dave explained.

"Dave I haven't even met your mother for all I know she's crazy." I joked.

"We can arrange a meeting, besides I've been wanting you to meet her but you know you left a nigga." He added.

Finally arriving at the doctors office we valeted our car and made our way to the front door. Signing in and filling out a couple pieces of paperwork we were called to the back shortly after.

"So are you two excited?" The nurse asked while getting the ultrasound equipment ready.

"Hell ye- I mean yes." Dave replied while holding my hand.

" OK this will be a little cold." The nurse said oozing gel onto my stomach.

Dave and I looked over at the screen as we immediately became excited as we saw the baby's little body.

"Damn that baby got your head." Dave said teasing me.

" I know you're not talking your head literally looks like a refrigerator." I said laughing.

The nurse moved the ultrasound tool around a little more before she announced the gender.

" OK are you guys ready?" She asked with a big smile on her face.