Part twenty four.

The drive felt longer than ten minutes according to navigation. The pain was almost unbearable, I couldn't grasp on how one minute I was fine and the next minute Kairi was ready to come.

"Just breathe baby." David said attempting to calm me down.

"David I swear to God I love you but please shut the hell up!" I screamed holding onto his hand.

Finally arriving at the hospital David and Janice guided me into a wheelchair that was parked by the door.

"Uhhhhh!" I screamed out while gripping onto the handles of the wheelchair.

Two nurses in white scrubs ran over to me immediately as I constantly screamed throughout the hospital.

"I'm here mamas." David said as I reached over to grab his hand.

"I can't do this. I can't I can't." I said holding my stomach.

"You got this baby c'mon." Janice added

Finally approaching the labor and delivery unit the nurses immediately helped me undress into a hospital gown. Once I was in a hospital gown they slowly helped me get into the bed.

The nurse asked a few questions and also provided me with things that'll help ease the pain

The pain had finally slowed down causing me to be able to relax.

"Here." Janice said walking in with a water bottle for David who had been drinking.

David stepped away to make a phone call to his assistant to go to the house and grab the hospital bag we didn't think we needed on this night. Kairi was definitely coming at the most inconvenient time.

"Someone's on their way into the world." Janice said taking picture of my stomach.

A few nurses came in to get me situated and ready for the birth of Kairi.

"May I walk around in the hallway?" I asked.

"Sure just as long as your husband or someone is with you." One nurse mentioned.

David got up immediately to grab my hand and take me into the hallway for a walk.

"Thank you." I said wobbling my way into the hall.

David held one hand while I had the other grasping onto my back. Making it halfway down the hall the sharp pains started again.

Squeezing David's hand he suggested we go back into the room so we did just that.

Finally back into the room, David helped me climb back into the bed where I lied down flat and positioned myself comfortably.

"Hi Ms. Williams, I see we're almost ready to give birth to a beautiful baby." My doctor said in a exciting voice.

I nodded my head yes as the pain continued.

"I remember you telling me you wanted the epidural is that still something you want to do?" She asked.