Part twenty seven.

The next morning approached and we were finally discharged from the hospital. Buckling Kairi into the car safely we started to make our way home.

Thirty five minutes later we pulled up to the front of a big building and I was completely lost.

"Where are we?" I asked confused.

"I'm a man of my word and I said I wanted to get married today." Dave said unloading the car and taking out Kairi.

"Are you sure we should be doing this?" I asked.

Despite the things we've been through I couldn't picture myself with anyone else but him.

"I've never been so sure in my life." Dave said kissing me.

Entering the courthouse we went through security and made our way up the elevator to do the unthinkable.

Lauren turn around and walk away now. A voice in my head said to me.

I ignored it and continued to follow Dave's lead.

Finally making it to our destination, Dave informed them we were there to get married.

They handed us paperwork to sign along with a small fee.

"I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Brewster." A lady announced making our marriage license official.

Kissing one another in front of a group of strangers, we grabbed our marriage license and made our way home.

"We did it mamas." Dave said holding my hand.

"We did." I said smiling from ear to ear.

Little did I know, I just signed my life over.

The ride home was a relief, it felt good to be out of the hospital and home with my new baby and husband.

Walking into the house I kicked my shoes off and I made my way up stairs to the room to freshen up. Dave was getting Kairi settled in while I took care of my hygiene.

Once I was finished I pumped myself and began storing Kairi's milk into the fridge

"Baby." Dave called out.

"I'm about to head out you need anything?" He asked.

"No I'm good, gimme a kiss before you go." I said walking down the steps.

Giving him a passionate kiss, I followed him to the door and locked it behind him.

My body was aching from lying in the uncomfortable hospital bed these past few days. I decided to lie down for a nap and sink my body into Dave and I California king bed.

Eventually dozing off into a deep sleep, I woke up three hours later to loud music.

Sitting up slowly I placed my feet inside my fur house slippers.