Chapter 11

The next day when the woman opens her eyes she finds the girl staring at her.

"Hey babe, what are you doing?"

The embarrassed little girl looks away and turns away.

The woman then starts stroking her hair.

"Today we have to do many things" the woman begins but before she could continue she is interrupted by the child.

"Can we stay like this a little longer before starting the day?" the little girl says in a whisper.

The woman then without saying a word turns the child around and pulls her towards her and that half hour has passed so Lux can completely relax. The little girl loved starting the day that way. It was something new, sweet, which the little girl could no longer do without.

After getting ready for the day, Lana had planned to take Lux out for breakfast and then fill the pantry with the grocery shopping.

The walk from their home to the center of the small town was about fifteen minutes. The two sit in a typical Italian coffee shop, with the tables outside overlooking the town square. There weren't many people and this meant that Lux was not hypervigilant. After a few minutes a nice guy takes their order and after a while he shows up with their breakfast.

"For the beautiful lady her cappuccino and for the little princess this is offered by the house" the man hands the woman a cappuccino with a flower drawn on the foam and the girl a glass of hot milk with always a flower decorating the foam . He also leaves two croissants and a glass of orange juice.

After having eaten breakfast and taking some pictures of the cappuccino and the little girl as a souvenir, the woman attracts the waiter's attention to ask for the bill.

"May I have the bill?"

"The gentleman at that table took care of it," the boy points to a handsome man around Lana's age with Derek Sheperd hair and ice-blue eyes.

The man was now approaching the table.

"Hello"

"Hi" the woman replies embarrassed.

"I'm Dr. Renzo Ferrari and I wanted to compliment these two beautiful ladies for their beauty"

"Thank you very much and thank you for breakfast" the woman replies as the intimidated and increasingly tense child sits on the woman's lap to protect her.

"American?"

"So obvious?"

"Enough but there's nothing wrong with that. What are you doing around here?"

"We are on vacation arrived yesterday from Disneland Paris we were looking for a place to relax before returning home"

"Wow Disneland Paris is a very cool place, did you have a good time miss?" the man asks the little girl that she shyly nods with her head "What's your name?" the man continues.

"Her name is Lux" the woman replies for the child.

"It's a very special Latin name with a strong meaning, I like it! And your mom, how is her name Lux?"

"My name is Lana" the woman replies embarrassed not knowing whether to correct the man or drop it.

"What are you planning today?"

"Nothing special we are taking our time. Breakfast and maybe some shopping, we arrived last night and we have to fill the fridge"

"Well it's kind of boring doing these things on vacation! How about a nice tour of the lake with a local?"

"I do not know.."

Lana was attracted to the man's charm and perhaps she alone she would not have thought twice but with her Lux of her her free spirit and thirsty for adventure of her must surely be more cautious.

"Come on let's have fun girls .."

"What do you say baby? Do you want to go see the lake?" the little girl hides her face in the woman's chest.

"What do you think about a walk around the town then?" the man asks the girl "This way we are better"

"Maybe it's a better idea .." the woman intervenes.

The three walk the streets of the small town. Renzo shows them the best views the city has to offer, offers them lunch and then takes Lux to get the best ice cream in town. The child throughout the day while the adults chatted about her held the woman's hand firmly, giving the man only a few smiles. Although Lana was not opening up to her, she noticed her less tense as the hours passed and she could see it from how she held her hand.

The man offers to take the two to the nearby supermarket and after some insistence the woman, worried about giving him too much trouble, accepts.

She was very impressed by him but he was also impressed by her. They had talked about this and that, he had talked and told him about her city without too many frills and she liked it very much. She had held back in telling about herself and why she had ended up there, she hadn't mentioned Lux's story so as not to upset the little girl but that wing of mystery and the evasive answers had made her the fixed thought of him wanting to discover her .

"I'm tired," the little girl says as the adults brought home-made groceries.

The man then kneels in front of the girl and smiles at him.

"It is an honor to hear your voice after a day spent together, she really made me happy! Now I will let you rest don't worry. Hi Lux I hope to see you soon"

The man gets up and kisses the woman on her cheek, whispering a hello to her and disappears.After a frugal dinner, the woman puts the girl to bed.

"How did you like this day?" the woman asks "The places we have seen are very beautiful, don't you think?"

"I like this place" the girl replies yawning "and the gentleman is funny"

"He is. Would you like to see him again?"

"Would you like to see him again?" the girl asks.

The woman blushes "Only if you don't mind having him around"

"I don't care if you're with me"

"Always" the woman kisses the girl's head and says goodnight by returning to the kitchen and pouring herself a glass of wine. Only then did she realize that she didn't even have Renzo's number.