Chapter 20

SMUT ALLERT

As Lana promised after dinner while Renzo was intent on watching sports channels, the two sneak into the little girl's room to spend some time together.

"What do you want to do?" the woman asks.

The only thing the little girl wanted was to sit cuddling with the woman to let all the fears that she pop into her head about starting school the next day slip away.

"Can we play a board game?"

The girl nods her head.

"Read a story?"

Again the little girl shuts her head.

"Watch a movie?"

"I do not feel well"

The woman looks at the little girl and realizes that there was nothing wrong with her otherwise she wanted attention.

The woman takes her in her arms and the two nestle together on the bed. The woman begins to play with the girl's hair and she begins to relax.

"What's going on in that little head?" the woman asks curiously.

The girl does not answer but she moves closer to the woman if possible.

"Are you afraid?"

The little girl nods her head.

"Tomorrow is a great day but there is no need to be afraid you will do great"

"Is that why you don't feel well? Or do you just want just cuddling?"

The girl blushes and hides her face in the woman's neck.

"Hey it's ok to need this, we all need it and it's ok to ask for it and I will always find time for this because I tell you a secret being here with you like this it's my favorite thing in the whole world"

"This is also my favorite thing" the little girl says raising her head and looking at the woman smiling. The little girl was not used to such intimate moments but with her Lana she had managed to find a particular harmony and the woman was able to make her feel so safe that her insecurities and fears just went away.

"What are you most afraid of tomorrow?"

"I don't know .. being seen as stupid or what happens if you forget to pick me up?"

"On the first thing it seems clear to me that you are not stupid baby but you are far smarter than me" the woman says kissing the girl's head "and do you really think that I can forget to pick you up?"

The little girl shrugs. The woman shows herself hurt and the girl feels guilty about that expression of hers.

"I'm sorry" she hastens to say.

"Don't be Cutie. I was kidding. How can I forget to pick you up?"

"If it happens?"

"You are my priority over everything and everyone. The first thought when I wake up and the last when I go to sleep"

"So I'm practically a persecution"

"More or less" the woman smiles at the little girl's dark humor "I assure you it's impossible for me to forget you"

"Swear!"

"I swear it"

"You say you never swear"

"With this I'm sure I can swear"

The woman stayed with the girl until she was sound asleep. She came naturally to the role she was playing, she was never clumsy and she always knew what to do. Lux was afraid of her and to reassure her she stayed next to her and whispered words of comfort in her ear until Morpheus took the baby in her arms.